The Chocolate Chip Cookie Experiment: Martha Stewart’s Recipe
The quest to find the greatest chocolate chip cookie recipe on the planet continues! Today’s recipe: Martha Stewart’s Soft & Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies.
The theory behind the Chocolate Chip Cookie Experiment is, of course, to simply find the best chocolate chip cookie recipe on the planet by thoroughly testing as many recipes as I can (the plan is 52, a full year’s worth). Realistically, I’m sure I’m not going come out of this with just one very-best-of-all-time chocolate chip cookie recipe. I suspect there will be things that I love about all of the recipes, and I’ll take different aspects of each one to incorporate into whatever recipe I choose to be “my” favorite chocolate chip cookie recipe.
So…. it’s not like there is really going to be a winner winner.
But if there was going to be a winner…. not gonna lie, this one would be a contender.
I mean, I know I’m only three recipes into this thing. And I’ll probably feel this way about a lot of the recipes.
But holy smokes, this one is GOOD. Goooooo-oooood.
I guess they don’t call her Martha Stewart for nothin’!
I love everything about how these cookies came out. All the of the really crucial components of any great chocolate chip cookie are in perfect harmony here. It’s just the right amount of buttery to sweetness to saltiness. The edges are pleasantly and perfectly crispy while the centers are soft and just a touch under-baked. And these cookies don’t call for any chill time– another perk!
I’d say– if you’re looking for a great, fool-proof CCC recipe, this is a great place to start! Simple and stellar, to say the least.
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup packed light-brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 350ºF. Prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the flour and baking soda; set aside.
- Use an electric mixer to combine the butter with both sugars; beat on medium speed until light and fluffy.
- Reduce speed to low; add the salt, vanilla, and eggs. Beat until well mixed, about 1 minute.
- Add flour mixture; mix just until the dough forms. Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Drop by rounded tablespoons on the prepared baking sheet
- Bake for 9 minutes, until edges are golden brown but the tops still look slightly underdone.
- Remove and let cool on baking sheet for a few minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.
Recipe source: Martha Stewart
Have you made a Something Swanky recipe? Post it on Instagram and tag me @somethingswanky or use the hashtag #somethingswankyrecipes. I’d love to re-post!
Be sure to also follow me on Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, YouTube, and in the Something Swanky Dessert Recipes Facebook group!
Oh hey– guess what! I’m not done!
As a little added extra bonus for today’s post, I’m including a super sweet giveaway! My friend Sandra (A Dash of Sanity) is celebrating her 1 year blogi-versary and has invited me to help her celebrate by giving away a KitchenAid Stand Mixer!
Use the Rafflecopter form below to enter to win! And swing by Sandra’s blog to say hi from me 🙂
*note: this giveaway will not go live at the same time this post is scheduled to publish. There may be a few hours in between publish time and giveaway start time. If it is not up at the moment, be sure to come back and check later today!
KitchenAid Pro 450 Series 4.5 Quart Bowl-Lift Stand Mixer, Color Red