If you love Pepperidge Farm Sausalito cookies, you are going to love this copycat recipe! Cookies that have crispy edges and chewy middles filled with creamy milk chocolate and macadamia nuts.
CHECK OUT MY OTHER CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE RECIPES!
Ingredients Needed for Sausalito Cookies:
- brown sugar
- baking soda
- high quality milk chocolate chips
- macadamia nuts
Recipe Notes & Tips
- It’s really important to measure the flour with the “scoop and sweep” method. Otherwise you WILL have too much flour in the cookies and they WILL be too dense (trust me, I know ). Simply scoop out the flour in a measuring cup, but instead of pressing it to the side of the container to flatten it out in the cup, sweep the excess flour off the top and level it out by scraping a knife across the measuring cup.
- I highly recommend using the highest quality milk chocolate you can find for these cookies. I especially love Guittard milk chocolate chips (I find them most often at Sam’s, Target, and World Market).
Recipe Video of the Day: Best Ever Baked Donuts
[adthrive-in-post-video-player video-id=”KB0ihH9Z” upload-date=”2019-01-17T03:05:33.000Z” name=”Baked Donuts” description=””]
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups milk chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped macadamia nuts
Preheat oven to 375ºF.
- Combine flour, baking soda and salt in small bowl.
- Beat butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar and vanilla extract in large mixer bowl until creamy.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Gradually beat in flour mixture. Stir in chocolate chips and nuts.
- Drop by rounded tablespoon onto ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake for 8-9 minutes or until golden brown around the edges (don't over-bake though, if the tops of the cookies are brown, you've probably baked them too long!).
Obsessed with Cookies? Me too!
CHECK OUT MY FAVORITE COOKIE RECIPES.