Easy Homemade Microwave Jam
If you’ve ever wished for a simpler way to make homemade jam or a way to make JUST ONE jar of of jam, this recipe for Easy Homemade Microwave Jam is for you!
Check out more Strawberry Recipes.
Ingredients Needed for Easy Homemade Microwave Jam
- instant jello mix, strawberry flavored
- lemon juice
Recipe Notes & Tips
- You can use any berry you’d like instead of strawberries. I love peaches (I used canned) and strawberries mixed together. It’s so good!
- I cracked two glass bowls from Ikea making this jam. Finally, I discovered that using a melamine bowl works without a problem! But be careful– melamine is SUPER hot when microwaved (which is why you aren’t really supposed to microwave it, but I do anyway). Be sure to use iron mits when removing the bowl from the microwave.
Recipe Video: Microwave Jam
- 2 cups of any type of berry (if using strawberries, slice before measuring)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tsp instant gelatin mix, any flavor (you can also use unflavored)
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- Mix together all of the ingredients in a large mixing bowl (to allow room for the mixture to bubble up). Microwave for 5 minutes.
- Remove and stir. Use a wire whisk to mash berries further if needed.
- Microwave for 5 more minutes.
- Let cool for a few minutes before transferring to a jar. Mixture will thicken as it cools.
Love Jam with Homemade Bread? Me too!
Here are some of my favorite bread recipes.