Butterscotch Pretzel Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe
These Butterscotch Pretzel Chocolate Chip Cookies are the perfect sweet & salty cookie for Fall.
Check out all of my chocolate chip cookie recipes right here.
Main Ingredients Needed for Butterscotch Pretzel Chocolate Chip Cookies
- brown sugar
- egg + egg yolk
- baking soda
- chocolate chips
- butterscotch chips
Recipe Tips & Notes
- This recipe specifies measuring out the flour packed. I know the generally accepted method of correctly measuring flour is to “spoon and sweep,” many of my own cookie recipes call for using that method. However, this recipe requires that you pack the flour against the side of the container as you measure it out. It WILL make a difference if you don’t do this.
- You can use any chocolate chips that you have on hand in this recipe, but I personally prefer a really dark chocolate to pair with butterscotch and with the saltiness of the pretzels. I used 60% cacao chocolate chips.
- Your personal preference totally determines how finely you crush the pretzels. Personally, I really like the pretzels to be finely crushed. But if you like big chunks of pretzels in your cookies, go for it!
Related Recipe Video: Coconut Oil Chocolate Chip Cookies
[adthrive-in-post-video-player video-id=”nPjbxiUY” upload-date=”2018-07-16T01:45:23.000Z” name=”COCONUT OIL COOKIES 60 SEC” description=””]
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg + 1 egg yolk
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 2¼ cups all-purpose flour, packed*
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 cup butterscotch chips
- 1 cup pretzel crumbs
- Preheat oven to 350º.
- Whisk the brown sugar and sugar into the melted butter. Mix in the egg and the egg yolk.
- Mix in the baking soda, salt, and vanilla.
- Gently mix the flour into the wet mixture. Fold in the chocolate chips, butterscotch chips, and pretzel crumbs.
- Scoop dough (about 2 tablespoons) onto ungreased cookie sheet 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 9 minutes. Let cool on the cookie sheet.
Love Butterscotch and Chocolate? Me too!
Check out my favorite butterscotch chocolate recipes.