Classic Chocolate Chip Cookies: the Nestle Tollhouse Recipe
The most classic chocolate chip cookie recipe of all time! This Nestle Tollhouse Recipe is famous, and for good reason. With crispy edges and chewy middles, you can’t go wrong with these absolutely perfect chocolate chippers.
Check out my other Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipes!
Ingredients Needed for Classic Chocolate Chip Cookies: the Nestle Tollhouse Recipe
- brown sugar
- baking soda
- semi-sweet chocolate chips
Recipe Notes & Tips
- It’s really important to measure the flour with the “scoop and sweep” method. Otherwise you WILL have too much flour in the cookies and they WILL be too dense (trust me, I know ????). Simply scoop out the flour in a measuring cup, but instead of pressing it to the side of the container to flatten it out in the cup, sweep the excess flour off the top and level it out by scraping a knife across the measuring cup.
- This is a great base cookie recipe to keep in your back pocket and customize with any kinds of mix-ins that you like. Try adding M&MS next time!
Related Recipe Video: Brown Sugar Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups (12-oz. pkg.) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels
- 1 cup chopped nuts (optional)
Preheat oven to 375ºF.
- Combine flour, baking soda and salt in small bowl.
- Beat butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar and vanilla extract in large mixer bowl until creamy.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Gradually beat in flour mixture. Stir in chocolate chips and nuts.
- Drop by rounded tablespoon onto ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until golden brown around the edges (don't over-bake though, if the tops of the cookies are brown, you've probably baked them too long!).
- Cool on baking sheet for a couple of minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely.
Obsessed with Chocolate Chip Cookies? Me too!
Check out my favorite chocolate chip cookie recipes.