Ina Garten’s Lemon Bars
These lemon bars are the last recipe in my Mother’s day Week of Recipes. I’ve been making the favorite desserts of all the mothers in my life this week. Be sure to check out Coconut Cake and Golden Vanilla Pound Cake (for my grandmothers) and Pumpkin Pie (for my mother in law).
Today’s recipe is in honor of my mom. She says that Lemon Meringue Pie is her favorite dessert, but since I’ve already posted that on the blog, she said lemon bars would be okay instead.
My mom is awesome. And just like these lemon bars, everything about her is sunny and bright! (#justcomparedmymomtolemonbars #thatjusthappened) Seriously, she’s truly the happiest, cheeriest, most vivacious person I know. I’m pretty sure she’ll read this and think I’m being too cheesy, but it’s all true. My mom instantly brightens a room, and she has a talent for making people smile.
Beautiful, bright yellow lemons are probably the most perfect fruit to represent my mom.
Ina has never done me wrong with a recipe, and these Lemon Bars are no exception. 3 things I LOVE about this recipe:
- The crust is incredibly buttery in the most delicious way, and it pairs perfectly with the lemon.
- The gooey lemon filling is very creamy, almost custard-like, which I think is unusual in lemon bars. And after trying these, I think a creamy-gooey lemon filling should be standard!
- The top of they bars has a terrific, sugary crisp to it which rounds off a bite in just the right way.
So in a nutshell: buttery crust, creamy-gooey filling, and crispy sugar top. PERFECT!
Latest posts by Ashton (see all)
- Party Popcon Saturday: Cran-Apple Cinnamon Popcorn - December 20, 2014
- Rocky Road Fudge - December 18, 2014
- Vanilla Bean Fudge - December 17, 2014