Lemon Poppyseed Pancakes with Strawberry Syrup Recipe
Lemon Poppyseed Pancakes with my mom's homemade strawberry syrup. This breakfast is bursting with sunny springtime flavors!
JOIN MY FACEBOOK GROUP FOR SNEAK PEEKS AT UPCOMING RECIPES!
Fall in love with the sweet combination of these Lemon Poppyseed Pancakes and my homemade strawberry syrup!
A FEW THINGS TO NOTE ABOUT THIS RECIPE:
- This recipe starts with a lemon cake mix, which I love! As I've said before many times, I love that you know what you're getting with a cake mix. When you use a cake mix, you know you'll get a soft, moist, and flavorful result that you can recreate again and again.
- I used a Duncan Hines 15.25 ounce Lemon Supreme cake mix. You can use a different brand, but be aware that cake mixes do vary slightly in volume. There shouldn't be a huge difference, but feel free to add a little extra milk to your batter if you use a bigger cake mix and the batter seems too thick.
- This strawberry sauce is an old family recipe that my mom has made for many years. We LOVE eating it on top of pancakes and waffles! You could easily swap out the strawberries for blueberries or blackberries.
FOR THE PANCAKES
- 1¼ cups all purpose flour
- 1 box (15.25 ounces) Lemon Cake Mix
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups milk
- zest 1 lemon
- 2 tbsp poppyseeds
FOR THE STRAWBERRY SYRUP
- Preheat the griddle to medium heat (I always recommend an electric griddle for pancakes).
- In a medium bowl, whisk together all of the ingredients until smooth (it's okay if the batter is slightly lumpy).
- Scoop 1/4 cup batter onto the griddle. Cook until the first side is golden brown and then flip.
Calories 231 | Fat 5g | Saturated Fat 2g | Carbs 41g | Fiber 0g | Sugar 20g | Protein 5g
Nutrition is approximated per pancake and does not include Strawberry Syrup
More lemon recipes!