Easy Hot Fudge Cake Recipe
This Hot Fudge Cake is a Sunday night favorite at our house! It's the hot fudge and the cake all prepared and baked in the same dish, and it comes out all ooey, gooey, and delicious.
This cake is easy and AWESOME. It's one of our Sunday night favorites to eat with ice cream. It's ooey, gooey, and hot fudgey.
And so EASY.
Seriously. You use a fork to mix up a cake batter in the 9×9 dish that it's actually baked in. Then you sprinkle some stuff and pour some water, bake it, and voila! The layers of batter and water/other stuff separate to form a cake and hot fudge all in one dish!
Scoop it out over some ice cream, and it's the easiest piece of heaven you'll ever dish up. This is the kind of recipe you want to keep on hand to look super impressive when you don't have the time or energy to actually be impressive.
…which is often in this house.
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 6 tbsp cocoa powder, divided
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 3/4 cup hot water
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9x9 baking dish liberally with vegetable shortening.
- Add the flour, sugar, 4 tbsp cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt to the dish. Mix with a fork or spatula.
- Add the milk, oil, and vanilla. Mix until a thick batter forms. Spread the batter evenly in the dish.
- Sprinkle the remaining cocoa powder and brown sugar evenly over top of the batter. Pour the hot water over top, but do not mix.
- Bake for 35 minutes and serve warm. Serves 9.
Easy Dessert from Friends: