Lemon White Chocolate Muddy Buddies Recipe
Lemon and White Chocolate is a long time favorite flavor combo of mine. (Which reminds me, I posted White Chocolate Lemon Streusel bars back in 2010, and they are kick-booty-terrific. You should make them).
I feel like lemon and white chocolate don't really get the attention they deserve sometimes. Maybe because both flavors are both so dominant on their own– you see lots of just White Chocolate recipes and then lots of just Lemon recipes. But I think the real magic happens when they come together.
It's no surprise that this dynamic duo makes for an excellent muddy buddies flavor. Crunchy, creamy, tart, and sweet– it's all here. And, as muddy buddies are, so easy and quick to make!! You can throw this snack mix together in a pinch and serve it right away!
I made mine using yellow colored white chocolate melts (Wilton's) and lemon essential oil. You could also use candy flavoring oil (typically found in the candy section of craft stores and in the baking aisle of some grocery stores). Note here: lemon extract will not work, because it will cause the chocolate to seize.
If you can't get your hands on lemon oil, I have an (untested) idea for you: how about coating the cereal in white chocolate, and then tossing it in a mixture of lemon pudding mix and powdered sugar? I've seen bloggers do this with other pudding flavors, and I bet it would be awesome with lemon! I haven't tried it myself, so if you do– let me know how it goes!
- 13.5 ounce box Chex Cereal (rice)
- 2 cups white melting chocolate*
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 3-5 drops lemon oil or candy flavoring
- Melt the white chocolate melting candy in a large microwave safe bowl (according to the directions on package, usually heat for about 1 minute). Once melted, mix in the lemon oil or candy flavoring.
- Pour all of the cereal into the bowl. Use a large rubber spatula to gently mix and coat the cereal in the white chocolate.
- Set aside. Place the powdered sugar in a gallon sized ziptop bag. Spoon the cereal mixture into the bag. Seal the bag and shake well until the cereal is coated in the powdered sugar. Transfer to a bowl for serving.
*Use yellow colored melts if you want the mixture to appear colored. The oil will not lend any coloring.
Don't miss a bite!
Connect with Something Swanky:
Love lemon? Pin my favorite recipes:
More recipes from my friends:
For more great Easter recipes…