Lemon Meringue Pie Dip
Lemon Meringue Pie in dip form! A creamy, no-cook lemon filling paired with a traditional meringue and torched to to golden brown perfection. Serve with graham crackers, shortbread, or just a spoon.
Check out my other Lemon Desserts and Sweet Dips.
Main Ingredients Needed for Lemon Meringue Pie Dip
- sweetened condensed milk
- a lemon
- lemon juice
- egg whites
- cream of tartar
Recipe Tips & Notes
- I used a blowtorch to brown the top of the meringue. But in the past, I’ve also placed the bowl on a baking sheet and placed it under the broiler.
- Consider serving the dip out of a pie dish or 9×9 baking dish for a broader filling-to-meringue ratio.
- Use a serving spoon to dish up individual portions of the dip. It’s difficult to dip directly into the bowl, because the meringue is so high.
- If you have concerns about eating uncooked egg whites or you just don’t like traditional meringue, I highly recommend substituting the marshmallow cream meringue from this pie or this homemade marshmallow recipe (cut the gelatin in half, and then you could torch marshmallow to achieve the same toasted look of meringue).
- Keep chilled until ready to serve 🙂
[adthrive-in-post-video-player video-id=”RCjgJ6RX” upload-date=”2019-03-21T21:15:41.000Z” name=”Lemon Meringue Pie Dip” description=””]
- 2 cans sweetened condensed milk
- 3/4 cup lemon juice (fresh, if possible)
- zest from one whole lemon
- optional: a little yellow food coloring to achieve desired shade of yellow
- 6 egg whites
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- Whisk together the filling ingredients: sweetened condensed milk, lemon juice, lemon zest, and food coloring (if desired).
- Use an electric mixer to whisk together on high speed: egg whites, sugar, cream of tartar, and cornstarch. Stop mixing when stiff peaks form.
- Pour the filling into the serving dish and top with the meringue.
See the recipe notes in post for meringue-toasting techniques and alternative toppings.
Lemon lover? Me too!
Here are a few of my favorite recipes to try.