A simple recipe for Homemade Marshmallows with step-by-step photos and instructions.
Check out my favorite recipes on Facebook!
Ingredients Needed for Homemade Marshmallows
- unflavored gelatin
- powdered sugar
Step by Step Instructions
- Let the gelatin soften on the water.
2. Add the sugar.
3. Heat and stir until sugar dissolves.
4. Let mixture cool until lukewarm.
5. Whisk on high for 20-25 minutes, until stiff peaks form.
You’re looking for slightly stiffer peaks than this. I took the photo a few minutes too soon.
6. Spread the mixture out in a 9×13 jelly roll pan and let them set for about 2 hours. Then you can cut them into squares, toss them in powdered sugar, and plop them in your hot chocolate!
CHECK OUT MY RECENT VIDEOS!
[adthrive-in-post-video-player video-id=”8Sg0qShm” upload-date=”2018-09-11T02:35:28.000Z” name=”Peanut Butter Granola” description=””]
- ¾ cup of water
- 3 teaspoons unflavored gelatin (approximately 1½ envelopes )
- 1 cup + 2 tbsp granulated sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- powdered sugar to coat
- In a small saucepan, sprinkle the gelatin over the water and allow to gelatin to soften for 2-3 minutes.
- Stir in the sugar and the vanilla. Turn heat to medium-high and continue to stir until the sugar has completely dissolved, about 4-5 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and allow to cool until lukewarm.
- Pour the mixture into the bowl of a stand mixer. Whisk on high speed for 15-20 minutes, until stiff peaks form.
- Spread the fluff in a 9x13 or 10x15 jelly roll pan lined with foil and lightly greased with a nonstick cooking spray. Let set for at least 2 hours.
- Use a greased knife to cut into squares. Toss the squares in powdered sugar before storing in an airtight container until use.