Ina Garten’s Lemon Bars Recipe
Ina Garten's Lemon Bars
Ina Garten's Lemon Bars are so good! Imagine a buttery, delicious crust underneath a creamy lemon filling and a crispy sugary top.
- lemon juice
Powdered Sugar Duster
USA Pan Bakeware 9×13
KitchenAid Hand Mixer
9×13 Parchment Baking Sheets
OXO Small Citrus Juicer
OXO Good Grips Citrus Zester
Q&A: Lemon Bars
Can you overcook lemon bars?
The filling should jiggle, like firm Jell-O. If it's looser than that, you'll likely end up with runny lemon bars. If they don't jiggle at all, you've overcooked them and they may taste grainy.
Do lemon bars have to be refrigerated?
If you're planning to serve the bars within 24 hours of baking them, they are fine to be left at room temperature. Any longer than that, I would suggest refrigerating them.
Can I freeze lemon bars?
Yep! Thaw them out overnight in the refrigerator when you're ready to eat them.
How many lemons make a cup of juice?
Six lemons should do the trick.
For the crust:
- 2 sticks butter, softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 cups flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
For the filling:
- 6 extra-large eggs
- 3 cups granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons grated lemon zest
- 1 cup lemon juice
- 1 cup flour
- Powdered Sugar, for dusting
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Line a 9x13 pan with foil or parchment, and lightly spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- Cream together the butter and sugar. Mix in the flour and salt until dough forms.
- Press the dough into the pan, building up 1/2 inch crust on all sides.
- Bake the crust for 15-20 minutes or until lightly golden brown. Chill.
- Whisk together all of the remaining ingredients (except the powdered sugar), and pour into the cooled crust. Bake for 30-35 minutes until filling is set. Let cool to room temperature or chill overnight.
- Dust with powdered sugar before cutting and serving.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 20 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 337Total Fat: 11gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 95mgSodium: 116mgCarbohydrates: 56gFiber: 1gSugar: 41gProtein: 4g
More Lemon Recipes