Favorite Cake Mix Cookie Recipe
My favorite recipe for cake mix cookies. You can make so many different kinds of cookies with just one recipe!
I have a deep and abiding love for all recipes that start with a cake mix. Why? There are lots of reasons, but among the most important are:
- You can always count on the flavor of a cake mix recipe. You know exactly how it's going to taste, and that flavor will always be consistent.
- Almost invariably, a cake mix recipe is going to produce a really moist baked good. That's what it's designed to do, and so you know you can count on anything you make with a cake mix to come out of the oven perfectly moist and stay that way for at least a few days.
- Cake mix recipes are usually simple with a short ingredient list, because so many of the “little” ingredients (like salt, baking soda, etc) are already included in the mix.
- The variety!! Thanks to a huge variety of cake mix flavors, you have so many flavor options to play around with right at your fingertips.
I've made a lot of cake mix recipes (scones, fudge, banana bread, pancakes, and so much more!), but this cake mix cookie recipe is the one I come back to most often. I'll link to some of my other favorite cake mix cookies at the bottom of this post.
PSSSSST! FOLLOW ME ON INSTAGRAM TO GET NEW DESSERTS DAILY!
One Cake Mix Cookie Recipe with a hundred easy variations!
A FEW THINGS TO NOTE ABOUT THIS RECIPE:
- The actual volume of the cake mix may vary slightly from brand to brand, but generally you're looking for a cake mix in the range of 15-18 ounces.
- The recipe I'm providing below is the basic recipe for cake mix cookies (not the actual recipe for the cookies pictured). If you want to make the cookies you see here, make these additions: 1) for the cake batter cookies use a yellow cake mix and add 1/2 cup milk chocolate chips, 1/2 cup white chocolate chips, and 1/2 cup sprinkles. 2) for the chocolate PB chip cookies use a devil's food cake mix and add 1/2 cup milk chocolate chips and 1/2 cup peanut butter chips.
- Try making these same cookies with a brownie mix! Simply sub a brownie mix for the cake mix and decrease the oil to 1/4 cup. So good!
- 15.25 ounce cake mix
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 350ºF.
Mix in the chocolate chips.
Scoop 2 tablespoons of dough and roll into a ball and place on an ungreased cookie sheet. Flatten slightly with your palm. Repeat with the remaining dough, placing the dough 2 inches apart on the cookie sheet.
Bake for 10 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack for cooling.
Calories 239 | Fat 13g | Saturated Fat 4g | Carbohydrates 29 | Fiber 1g | Sugar 18g | Protein 2g
More recipes I think you’ll love!