Birthday Cake Banana Bread
This banana bread is perfect for a special birthday breakfast or just a fun way to use up those old bananas! Incredibly moist, easy to make, and so much fun.
Hey hey, it’s 2017! So, tell me everything. Are you making New Year resolutions? Are you losing weight? Getting fit? Eating more dessert?
Wait. Just me? ????
Kidding. I actually started my 2017 health “resolutions” last week. After about December 27, I just felt like I couldn’t go another day without getting on track. And by “on track,” I mean Weight Watchers. Always. It’s my favorite go-to (see this post… and this one).
Speaking of Weight Watchers and zero point bananas….
Would you check out this Birthday Cake Banana Bread??
Because I’m sure this is exactly what Weight Watchers had in mind when they made bananas a point-free food ???? ???? ????.
This is my favorite cake mix banana bread recipe, and I think it is just fabulous. I’ve made Red Velvet Banana Bread and Brownie Banana Bread using this same recipe, and it’s just a super dependable delicious recipe. The bread is moist, full of flavor, and has an incredibly tender crumb.
Hang on a second.
Can we talk about my weird foodie vernacular here? Tender crumb.
Isn’t that the weirdest food terminology you’ve ever heard?? And once you know what it is, there really is no other phrase you can use in place of tender crumb for a food that has a tender crumb. The best way I can describe “tender crumb” is when the crumbs of a cake or bread are so moist that you can use the back of a fork to smush them and pick them up… does that make any sense to anyone but me?
And omg, I’ve said tender crumb so much now that it’s starting to look weird to me. ????
Soooooo…. to get back on topic: this banana bread.
It’s really just so much fun. It’s simple to make since it uses a cake mix (only 4 ingredients total!). Which also means that it has a wonderfully predictable cake-like flavor and fluffy texture. If you have any tired bananas just sitting around, may I suggest this Birthday Cake Banana Bread instead of a smoothie?
I’m just saying… ????
- 1 funfetti cake mix (just the dry mix, not the other ingredients on the box)
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 cup canola or vegetable oil
- 1 cup mashed bananas (about 3 medium bananas)
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Line a 9x5x3 loaf pan with foil or parchment paper and lightly spray with a non-stick cooking spray.
- Mix together all ingredients until batter forms.
- Pour batter into prepared loaf pan.
- Bake for 40-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out mostly clean.
- Let cool for 10 minutes before removing from loaf pan.
- Store in airtight container at room temperature for up to one week.