Thick and Chewy Chocolate Chunk Peanut Butter Cookies
A recipe for unbelievably thick and chewy peanut butter cookies that calls for a POUND of milk and semi-sweet chocolate chunks!
PSSSSST! FOLLOW ME ON INSTAGRAM TO GET NEW DESSERTS DAILY!
Looking for THICK and CHEWY peanut butter cookies with massive chocolate chunks? The search ends here.
A FEW THINGS TO NOTE ABOUT THIS RECIPE
- These are BIG cookies. When I baked up a few that were a more “normal” size, I found that they just didn’t bake up as well as the big ones. I’m sure there’s some baking science behind the reason why, but I don’t know what it is. All I can tell you is that you’ll have to trust me and stick to the instructions I’ve written in the recipe below 🙂
- Feel free to use chocolate chips if you want instead of chocolate chunks. I love the BIG pockets of chocolate you get when you use chocolate chunks, but chunks vs chips aren’t going to make or break these cookies. I used Trader Joe’s Pound Plus bars for my chocolate chunks.
- This dough is a little bit crumbly. Be sure to pack the dough tight before rolling it into a ball.
- Let the cookies cool on the baking sheet. The reason I suggest doing this is because baking the cookies for 10 minutes will actually underbake them. But more time in the oven will dry them out and make them hard. But we can slightly underbake them in the oven and then let them finish baking on the cookie sheet while cooling to get that perfectly chewy middle without leaving any of the dough raw.
What’s my favorite part of these Thick and Chewy Chocolate Chunk Cookies?
The HUGE chunks of chocolate, of course!
- 1/2 cup butter
- 3/4 cup peanut butter
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 large eggs
- 3 tbsp milk
- 2 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 16 ounces chocolate chunks (milk, dark, and/or semi-sweet)
Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
Melt the butter and peanut butter in a large microwave safe bowl for 60 seconds. Transfer to the bowl of a stand mixer.
Use the paddle attachment to mix in the sugar and brown sugar. Add vanilla, eggs, and milk and mix well.
Combine dry ingredients together and mix into the butter and sugar mixture until dough forms.
Stir in the chocolate chunks.
Scoop 1/4 cup of dough. Roll into a ball and place on the cookie sheet. Flatten the dough slightly with palm. Repeat with remaining dough, placing about 6 cookies per cookie sheet.
Bake for 10 minutes. Let cool completely on the baking sheet.
Calories 295 | Total Fat 14g | Saturated Fat 7g | Carbohydrates 40g | Fiber 2g | Sugar 27g | Protein 4g
More recipes I think you’ll love!