Red Velvet Pancakes
Thick and fluffy Red Velvet Pancakes are the perfect, simple breakfast for Valentine’s Day!
Check out my favorite pancake recipes!
Ingredients & Supplies Needed for Red Velvet Pancakes
- red velvet cake mix
- baking powder
- electric griddle
- bowl, whisk, spatula
Recipe Tips & Notes
- This recipe starts with a red velvet cake mix, which I love! As I’ve said before many times, I love that you know what you’re getting with a cake mix. When you use a cake mix, you know you’ll get a soft, moist, and flavorful result that you can recreate again and again.
- I used a Duncan Hines 15.25 ounce red velvet cake mix. You can use a different brand, but be aware that cake mixes do vary slightly in volume. There shouldn’t be a huge difference, but feel free to add a little extra milk to your batter if you use a bigger cake mix and the batter seems too thick.
- These are really good with maple syrup, but I think it’s fun to drizzle a little melted cream cheese frosting over the pancakes and add heart sprinkles.
For the Pancakes:
- 1 1/4 cups all purpose flour 2 cups red velvet cake mix 1 Tablespoon sugar 3/4 teaspoon baking powder pinch of salt 2 large eggs 1 teaspoon vanilla extract 1-3/4 cups milk
For the Cream Cheese Icing:
- 4 oz. cream cheese, softened 1/4 cup butter, softened 2 cups powdered sugar 1/4 cup milk (plus more depending on the desired consistency) splash of vanilla
Whisk together the flour, sugar, cake mix, baking powder and salt. Mix in the eggs, vanilla, and milk, just until batter forms.
Scoop 1/4 cup batter on to lightly greased griddle (I highly recommend using an electric griddle). Cook on one side until edges look dry and bubbles on top are not sinking back in. Flip and cook on the other side. Repeat with all batter.
Make the glaze: use an electric mixer to beat together the cream cheese and butter until smooth. Add the powdered sugar 1 cup at a time, mixing in between additions. Gradually add the milk and vanilla while mixing until smooth.
Add more milk if desired for consistency (read post for details).
Love Red Velvet? Me Too!
Check out my favorite red velvet recipes.
Perfect Red Velvet Cupcakes