Toffee Snickerdoodle Rice Krispie Treats Recipe
Classic rice krispie treats collide with my favorite cookie from college: toffee snickerdoodles (otherwise known as Toffee Doodles)!
When I was in college, I used to buy these GIGANTIC cookies out of the vending machines in my dorm lobby. And these weren't your mama's vending machine cookies. We're not talking Otis Spunkmeyer here. These cookies were huge, insanely good, and best of all– coated in chocolate on the bottom! There were lots of fun flavors (imagine Ben & Jerry's, but with cookies), and my favorite was Black Bottom Toffee Doodle. Which was essentially a big snickerdoodle with chocolate toffee chunks and a thick layer of chocolate on the bottom. SO GOOD!
What's your favorite cookie?! Tell me on Instagram!
Toffee Doodle Rice Krispie Treats are totally the new Snickerdoodle. Just you wait.
A FEW THINGS TO NOTE ABOUT THIS RECIPE:
- As you can see, I didn't dip these rice krispie treats in chocolate like their namesake cookie. But what a good idea, right?! If you make these, you should probably give that a try ????.
- If you want to really play up the toffee flavor, consider browning the butter before adding it to the melted marshmallows!
- Be sure to use Heath Milk Chocolate Toffee Bits– not Bit O' Brickle (which has NO chocolate at all).
- Use parchment paper to press down on the RKT in the dish. This prevents a sticky mess, while still allowing you to compact and level out the treats.
- ¼ cup butter
- 10 ounces miniature marshmallows
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1½ cups Heath Milk Chocolate Toffee Bits
- 5 cups puffed rice cereal
- Prepare an 8x8 baking dish by lining it with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, microwave together ¼ cup butter and the marshmallows for one minute. Add the cinnamon and stir until smooth (microwave for an additional 30 seconds if needed).
- Use a large rubber spatula to mix in the cereal. Mix in the toffee bits (the chocolate will melt a little, and that's okay!).
- Press the mixture into the prepared baking dish.
- Let cool for 30 minutes before cutting and serving (speed set the treats by place in the refrigerator).
Calories 367 | Fat 10g | Saturated Fat 24g | Carbs 50g | Fiber 2g | Sugar 33g | Protein 1g
More Rice Krispie Treats!