Butterscotch Butterfinger Rice Krispies Treats Recipe
I am a Scotcheroo fanatic. I think peanut butter, butterscotch, and chocolate is possibly the best flavor combination in the world. It's sort of revived my love for PB + chocolate. After nearly 5 years of dessert blogging, I've been a little burnt out on the peanut butter chocolate circuit for a little while. But I've rediscovered the addition of butterscotch this year, and it's rekindled my love for the classic duo (well, now a trio)!
Today's recipe is a little closer to a traditional Scotcheroo in that it's a bar. But these aren't just any ol' scotcheroo bars. These are rice krispie treats teeming with with gooey marshmallow, peanut butter, butterscotch, and best of all– big, fat, Butterfinger pieces!
- 10 ounces miniature marshmallows
- 5 cups rice krispies cereal
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup butterscotch chips
- 1/2 cup chopped Butterfinger candy bars*
- 1/4 cup melted chocolate for drizzling
- Place the marshmallows, peanut butter, and butterscotch chips in a large microwave safe bowl. Microwave for 1 minute. Mix well until everything is melted and smooth.
- Use a large rubber spatula to mix in the cereal. Add the Butterfinger candy pieces (it's ok if the chocolate melts a little, but try to stir as little as possible to keep it from melting completely).
- Scrape the mixture into a parchment lined or well greased 8x8 baking dish. Gently press flat.
- Drizzle melted chocolate over top. Let chocolate cool completely and harden before cutting into squares to serve.
*feel free to add more Butterfinger candy if you'd like!
1/4 cup PB
1/4 cup butterscotch chips