White Chocolate Pretzel Snickerdoodles Recipe
Cinnamon and White Chocolate are a dynamite duo. Add Pretzels to the mix? Then you'll see some magic really start to happen! These White Chocolate Pretzel Snickerdoodles will become a cookie jar staple!
I am a choc-o-late girl, through and through. But there's just something about the combination of cinnamon sugar and white chocolate that makes my heart sing! Although, it's my personal belief that cinnamon makes everything better, so that's not really an objective statement ;).
Seriously, though. I put it on everything. My favorite savory cinnamon food is tacos! I like to add it right into the meat and sauce (I usually make my taco meat a bit like sloppy joes). But there's a restaurant in Utah called The Red Iguana (they were featured on Food Network!), and I think they actually cook their tortillas with a little bit of cinnamon. It's ah-mazing.
But back to cookies…
Cinnamon and White chocolate are magic. We already said that. But adding white chocolate covered pretzels to the mix takes these Snickerdoodles to an entirely new realm of delicious! These got a big TWO THUMBS UP from my husband who's sugar taste-buds hardly register anything anymore after so much taste testing. But he loved these, and that's saying something!
Be sure to grab a bag of White Chocolate Pretzels next time you're at the store! You won't regret it 🙂 Your waistline? That's a different story…
- 1/2 cup butter, cold
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 - 5 oz. package white chocolate pretzels
- 1 Tbsp. cinnamon
- 1 cup sugar
- Use a stand mixer to beat together the cold* butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar until well mixed (the butter will be chunky, not smooth yet).
- Add the eggs, vanilla, cinnamon, and salt. Beat until creamy (there may still be some small butter chunks, that's ok-- but you don't want too big of chunk or too many!)
- Add the flour and baking soda. Beat on low speed until dough forms.
- Add the white chocolate covered pretzels and mix for about 30 seconds until some of the pretzels are broken up. Continue to incorporate the pretzels into the dough with a wooden spoon or sturdy rubber spatula.
- Mix together the 1 cup sugar and t tbsp cinnamon in a small bowl. Scoop the the dough out by heaping 1 tablespoons. Roll the dough in the cinnamon sugar.
- For the dough into a short cylinder and place it on a parchment or silicon lined baking sheet. The base of the cylinder should be on the baking sheet (so don't place them lengthwise). The tall-ness of the dough shape helps keep the cookies thick and not too spread out.
- Bake at 350 for 10-12 minutes until edges are just barely golden brown. Let cool on baking sheet for a few minutes before removing to wire rack to cool completely.
- Makes approximately 48 cookies.
Snickerdoodles from Friends:
Snickerdoodles from Me:
*If you don't have a stand mixer, you should use softened butter. Which means you should chill your dough for about 30 minutes before baking.