Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe
This recipe for Chocolate Chip Cookies is my go-to recipe these days. They're deliciously chewy and a little bit on the thin side with golden, crispy edges and a gooey center. My perfect cookie!
Check out all of my chocolate chip cookies right here.
Main Ingredients Needed for This Recipe
- brown sugar
- chocolate chips (I prefer high quality milk chocolate chips– more on that below)
Recipe Tips & Notes
- I hardly ever measure ingredients with a food scale in my recipes, but in this one I do! 13 ounces of all-purpose flour makes a perfect cookie. I've tried to measure that in cups, but I can't get it exactly right. But if you don't have a food scale– it's somewhere close to 2 1/2 cups of packed flour or 2 3/4 cups of flour using the ‘spoon and sweep' method.
- You can use any kind of chips you want in this recipe, but I'm here to tell you that the VERY BEST chocolate chips are these Guittard Milk Chocolate Chips or (a very close second) Godiva Milk Chocolate Chips.
- I find the Guittard chips on Amazon or at World Market (I'm on the East coast, but back when I lived out West I found these chocolate chips at most stores).
- I found the Godiva chips at Target.
[adthrive-in-post-video-player video-id=”a9rPqAYA” upload-date=”2020-01-15T02:47:36.000Z” name=”CCC” description=”null” player-type=”default” override-embed=”default”]
- 1 cup (2 sticks) salted butter, melted
- 1¼ cups packed light brown sugar
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- 2½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 12-ounce bag (2 cups) semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375ºF.
- Whisk together the flour, salt, and baking soda. Set aside.
- Whisk together vigorously the sugars and the melted butter for one minute. Whisk in the eggs one at a time, and then add the vanilla.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet and stir with the spatula to fully combine. Make sure you’ve scraped the bottom of the bowl and there are no streaks of dry ingredients left. Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Place dough in the refrigerator for 10 minutes while the oven preheats, then scoop the dough in 2-ounce portions with a cookie scoop (or you can measure out ¼ cup) and sprinkle with a pinch of salt.
- Bake the cookies 3 inches apart on a parchment-lined baking sheet (about 6 cookies per baking sheet) for 10 minutes, until the edges are set.
- Must let cool on the sheet for 5 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
Love Choco Chip Cookies? Me too!
Here are just a few of my favorite recipes!