Chocolate Chip Cookies
This recipe for Chocolate Chip Cookies is my go-to recipe these days. They’re deliciously chewy and a little bit on the thin side with golden, crispy edges and a gooey center. My perfect cookie!
Check out all of my chocolate chip cookies right here.
Main Ingredients Needed for This Recipe
- brown sugar
- chocolate chips (I prefer high quality milk chocolate chips– more on that below)
Recipe Tips & Notes
- I hardly ever measure ingredients with a food scale in my recipes, but in this one I do! 13 ounces of all-purpose flour makes a perfect cookie. I’ve tried to measure that in cups, but I can’t get it exactly right. But if you don’t have a food scale– it’s somewhere close to 2 1/2 cups of packed flour or 2 3/4 cups of flour using the ‘spoon and sweep’ method.
- You can use any kind of chips you want in this recipe, but I’m here to tell you that the VERY BEST chocolate chips are these Guittard Milk Chocolate Chips or (a very close second) Godiva Milk Chocolate Chips.
- I find the Guittard chips on Amazon or at World Market (I’m on the East coast, but back when I lived out West I found these chocolate chips at most stores).
- I found the Godiva chips at Target.
Ultimate Chocolate Chip Cookies
This recipe for Chocolate Chip Cookies is my go-to recipe these days. They're deliciously chewy and a little bit on the thin side with golden, crispy edges and a gooey center. My perfect cookie!
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 13 ounces all-purpose flour
- 2 cups high quality milk chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Melt the butter by microwaving it for 1 minute. Whisk the brown sugar and the sugar into the butter.
- Add the vanilla extract and mix in the eggs one at a time. Mix in the baking soda and salt.
- Fold in the flour and chocolate chips.
- Scoop the dough (approximately 1½ tablespoons of dough) and bake for 9-10 minutes, until edges are golden brown.
Have you made a Something Swanky recipe? Post it on Instagram and tag me @somethingswanky or use the hashtag #somethingswankyrecipes. I’d love to re-post!
Love Choco Chip Cookies? Me too!
Here are just a few of my favorite recipes!