Chocolate Cherry Thumbprint Cookies
These Chocolate Cherry Thumbprint Cookies are simple, beautiful, and full of great textures and flavors. A soft sugar cookie on the bottom with a baked cream cheese center topped with cherry pie filling and a chocolate drizzle.
CLICK HERE for the Full Recipe.
Tips & Notes for Chocolate Cherry Thumbprint Cookies
- If the cookies spread a bit while baking and you lose the indentation, simply press the tops of the cookies with the back of a spoon again. I like using my tablespoon that has a very deep, circular back.
- I went back and forth on how to top these cookies, and ultimately I decided to use cherry pie filling with a chocolate drizzle. But I think it would be fun to dip a maraschino cherry in chocolate and place it on top of the cookie with the chocolate dripping down the sides.
- You could also place chopped maraschino cherries in the cream cheese filling before baking!
- Or you could add a tablespoon (or two!) of cherry juice to the cream cheese filling before baking. Then dip half of the cookie in chocolate.
- Chopped almonds would taste great and look pretty sprinkled on top– and maybe add an 1/8 tsp of almond extract to the cookies too!
This post is sponsored by Dixie Crystals. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
BE SURE TO CHECK OUT ALL OF MY RECIPES ON THE DIXIE CRYSTALS WEBSITE!
If You Love Chocolate and Cherry…
Be sure to check out these recipes!