Fudgy Chocolate Chunk Brownie Recipe
Super thick and fudgy chocolate chunk brownies.
Check out all of my brownie recipes here.
Main Ingredients Needed for Fudgy Chocolate Chunk Brownies
- baking soda
- cocoa powder
- chocolate chunks or large chocolate chips
Recipe Tips & Notes
- The bake time for these can be surprisingly tricky, because there's no sure way to tell when they are done. You can't do the toothpick test, because a truly fudgy brownie (like these) will leave chocolate residue on the toothpick. And you can't assume that it's done baking just because the edges and tops look done. However, I've baked these brownies a zillion times, and I think I've got the baking times down pretty well. Follow these times and you should be just fine:
- 8×8 metal pan – 30 minutes
- 9×9 metal pan – 25 minutes
- 9×13 metal pan – 18 minutes
- I really like to use Ghirardelli 60% cacao dark chocolate chips. They are huge, and they make the whole brownie taste like dark chocolate. Yum!
[adthrive-in-post-video-player video-id=”ENqw6wbq” upload-date=”2019-05-09T21:41:36.000Z” name=”Brownies” description=””]
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 2 cups chocolate chunks
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Prepare an 8x8 baking pan by lightly spraying it with nonstick cooking spray and/or lining it with parchment paper.
- Whisk together the butter and sugar until combined. Mix in the vanilla and the eggs, one at a time.
- Mix in the baking soda and salt.
- Add the flour and cocoa powder. Mix until batter forms.
- Fold in the chocolate chunks. Pour batter into prepared pan and bake for 30 minutes.
- Let cool completely before cutting and serving.
Brownie Fanatic? Me Too!
Here are some of my favorite brownie recipes.