Super Fudge Brownies
These Super Fudge Brownies are warm and gooey right out of the oven. But if you can wait until the next day, you'll see where they get their name– it's like eating a piece of brownie fudge!
VOTE FOR YOUR FAVORITE BROWNIES ON MY FACEBOOK PAGE!
Your ice cream called. It wants Super Fudge Brownies, pronto.
A FEW THINGS TO NOTE ABOUT THIS RECIPE:
- I think these brownies are best on day two. They're as good as any other brownie I've ever eaten right out of the oven. But they turn into something spectacular on day two with that dense, fudgy texture and big chunks of milk chocolate! I'm also obsessed with eating these out of the freezer ????.
- If you can, chop up high quality milk chocolate bars (like Trader Joe's Pound Plus Milk Chocolate bar, my personal favorite). But you could also use a bag of chocolate chips or chocolate chunks in a pinch– it's not the end of the world.
- These brownies don't puff up and get fluffy at all, and that's good. That means they aren't cake-y. I wanted these to stay as dense and fudgy as possible, which is why I didn't add any kind of leavening (like baking powder).
There's only one way to eat a brownie…
With vanilla ice cream, chocolate syrup, and a cherry on top. Are you with me?!
- ½ cup butter, room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup all purpose flour
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- 2 cups milk chocolate chunks
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Line a 9x9 baking dish with parchment paper or lightly greased foil.
- Beat together the butter, sugar, and vanilla in a stand mixer bowl. Add the eggs one at a time, mixing between each addition.
- Stir together the flour, cocoa powder, and salt. Gradually add the dry ingredients to the butter mixture.
- Fold in the chocolate chunks.
- Once the batter forms (it will be thick), scrape it into the prepared dish and spread evenly.
- Bake for 25 minutes, just until brownies begin to pull away from the side of the pan.
calories 478 | Total Fat 30 g | Saturated Fat 18 g | Total Carbohydrate 62 g | Dietary Fiber 2 g | Sugars 51 g | Protein 7 g
Obsessed with brownies?
Me too. Here are some of my favorites.