Salted Toffee Chocolate Popcorn Recipe
I have something major to tell you guys! I've been keeping it under wraps, because I wanted to make absolutely certain that all of my T's were crossed and my I's dotted…
I'm writing a cookbook!!!!!!!!!!
Can you believe that?!? Houghton Mifflin Harcourt (you know, the guys who published Desserts in Jars, Hello! Cupcake, The Picky Palate Cookbook, and multiple Pillsbury, Betty Crocker, and Better Homes and Gardens cookbooks) has offered to published my first book (all about POPCORN!) and I officially accepted their offer last week and signed the contract!
It's all felt like a bit of a whirlwind experience so far, but now that we have a publisher on board, it's time to really get to work and write this thing!! I can't wait to share this experience with all of you. Seriously. You guys are the best readers, and your support has meant the world to me. THANK YOU! And I promise to keep you up to date on everything as I know about it 🙂 .
While we're on the subject of readership, I've been meaning to talk you folks who keep up with Something Swanky in your Google reader. Google Reader is on it's way out the door pretty soon (July 1, I think? Maybe sooner than that…), and I don't want to lose a single one of you! So I've found another awesome, convenient way for you to keep up with all these crazy desserts: Bloglovin.com.
I personally have been using this site for months to read through blogs and I think it's fabulous. You're going to love it! All of my favorite bloggers are already over there, and I love the reading format too. I think you'll like the switch! So please, please, please follow me over at BlogLovin!! That way we can keep in touch even after Google Reader dies– and I can keep you up to date on super cool stuff like my Popcorn book!
Do you want the link again? Here it is: BlogLovin
I'll see you there! Right!?
Alright, now that all of that has been covered, let's get to the recipe! Since I've been up to my eyeballs in Popcorn since November and haven't shared any of the goods with you, I thought it'd be fun to post a popcorn recipe in celebration of the big news!
This stuff is CRAZY. ADDICTIVE. Like… it should come with a warning label. I literally had to staple the bag shut so that I could stop shoveling it in my mouth and send it off to work with my husband. It's a little ridiculous.
You're going to love it :).
- 4 cups popped popcorn (1 microwave bag or 2 Tbsp. kernels)
- 1 cup melting chocolate (like Hershey's Baking Melts or Candiquik)
- 1 cup Heath Toffee Bits (not Bit O' Brickle)
- 1 Tbsp. Coarse Sea Salt
- Be sure to remove all unpopped kernels from the popped corn. Place the popped corn in a large bowl.
- Microwave the melting chocolate for 1 minute and stir until smooth.
- Pour the chocolate over the popped corn, and mix with a rubber spatula until the popped corn is all evenly coated in chocolate. Mix in 1/2 cup Heath Bits.
- Spread the popcorn on a large sheet of wax paper, parchment paper, or silicon mat. Sprinkle evenly with the remaining Heath Bits and Sea Salt before the chocolate cools.
- Once chocolate has hardened, break up the pieces to serve.
Popcorn from Friends: