Skinny Frozen Hot Chocolate
You thought I forgot Skinny Saturday, didn’t you? I was getting all down on myself last week, and I bet you thought I was just quitting, huh? Not today, kids. I’m still here!
We’re just having a crazy time lately, so I didn’t get a chance to post until tonight. If you follow me on Instagram (and I’d love it if you did), you might have caught some of the insanity happening in our kitchen. On Thursday I made 18 desserts, and on Friday I photographed all of them! Because… we’re moving on Friday. Again. And I needed to pack up my kitchen and photo sets/props, but I also wanted to have enough material for the blog to get me through the rest of the month– just to give me enough time to settle into the new place and all.
Chris and I are moving fiends, y’all. We’ve been married for 7 years (this summer), and this week be our 8th apartment (well, it’s actually a house this time– and we are giddy with excitement about it)!! I thought about walking you though the history of all our moves, you know… just to explain them all. That way you might not think we’re quite so insane for all of the apartment hopping.
But then I realized how much time that could take up, and really– I just need to log off for the night so I can pack a few more boxes! So, instead, how about a quick check in on the weight loss progress:
I actually had a really great week and had a solid weight loss. Like I mentioned last week, I’m only posting my weight once a month here in an effort to alleviate some of the pressure I was feeling about reporting so often, so I won’t tell you how much I lost. But it was enough to feel good about, and I really hope I can keep it off! I have a history of repetitive self sabotage, and– as if on cue– yesterday and today have been really rotten eating/exercise days for me. But I think I can pick right back up tomorrow with things and hopefully continue on to have a great month! Think skinny thoughts for me, okay? Getting through this move on healthy foods could be a challenge…
And now to the recipe:
I hope it’s enough for me to say that out of the 18 recipes I made on Thursday, this was the one I couldn’t get enough of. It’s really not much more than frozen chocolate almond milk. But when it’s all blended up and topped with a little cool whip and chocolate shavings, it really feels like you’re drinking something special! Maybe it’s because it was my last recipe of the day, and I actually took a moment to sit down and enjoy it– but it was (hands down) my favorite of the bunch! It will be happening often this summer!!
- 1/2 cup chocolate almond milk, frozen into ice cubes
- 1/2 cup chocolate almond milk, cold
- 1/4 cup fat free whipped cream
- 1 tbsp. dark chocolate shavings
- Blend the chocolate ice cubes and the chocolate milk together until smooth (for a thicker frozen hot chocolate, use a higher ice to chocolate milk ratio).
- Top with whipped cream and chocolate shavings.
Notes about this Recipe:
- Keep Chocolate Almond Milk ice cubes stocked in the freezer all summer so you can whip up this tasty treat in under a minute!
- I used my zoku pop maker (freezes liquid in less than 7 minutes) to make my ice cubes, so I didn’t use an actual ice cube tray. However, I’ve frozen almond milk in a silicon cube tray before and it worked just fine, but I’ve never used the standard plastic trays. Just FYI.
- I’d suggest using a single serve blending cup or use this easy mason jar blending trick that works on most any standard blender.
- A cute straw makes a difference in the taste. No, seriously.