Peanut Butter Oreo Icebox Cake Recipe
LOADS of soft Oreo cookies stuffed in between layers of chocolate and peanut butter mousse topped with hot fudge and peanut butter cups. This Peanut Butter Oreo Icebox Cake is the perfect no-bake summer dessert.
JOIN MY FACEBOOK GROUP FOR SNEAK PEEKS AT UPCOMING RECIPES!
This Peanut Butter Oreo Icebox Cake is easy to make!
A FEW THINGS TO NOTE ABOUT THIS RECIPE:
- I used a 10-inch springform pan and had to build up my sides about an inch with parchment paper. It's really simple to do– all you need to do is cut off two strips of parchment paper and line the insides of the pan. I also taped them together on the outside, just for good measure. Alternately, you could simply use a 12-inch springform pan (for a shorter, wider cake). And another option would be to simply fill the 10-inch pan up to the top and store any remaining mousse as leftovers for later!
- Don't skip dunking the Oreos in milk before adding them to the cake! If you don't soften them with milk before layering them in the cake, they'll stay hard and make cutting the cake difficult.
- I used a jar of store-bought hot fudge to spread on the top of my cake. You could also make your own chocolate ganache instead!
- 12 ounces cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup peanut butter
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1¼ cup powdered sugar
- 5 cups Cool Whip (this is about 2½ of the 8 ounce tubs)
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 2 (15.25 ounce) packages of Oreos
- ½ cup milk for dunking the Oreos
- Hot Fudge or Chocolate Ganache (link in post)
- Reese's cups
- More Oreos
Prepare a 10-inch springform pan by lining the sides with parchment paper (see notes in the post for alternative pan preparations).
Make the chocolate and the peanut butter mousse.
- Using a stand mixer, whisk together the cream cheese, the peanut butter, and the sugar until smooth.
- Mix in the powdered sugar in three additions, mixing in between each one and scraping down the sides as needed.
- Mix in the Cool Whip (be sure to scrape along the sides and bottom of the bowl so that all of it gets mixed in well).
- Transfer about 2/3 of the mixture to another mixing bowl and set aside. Mix the cocoa powder into the mousse that remains in the first mixing bowl.
- Evenly layer Oreos in the bottom of the prepared springform pan. Dunk each one in milk before placing in the pan.
- Spread half of the peanut butter mousse over the oreos.
- Repeat another layer of dunked Oreos over the peanut butter mousse.
- Spread the chocolate mousse over the Oreo layer.
- Repeat another layer of dunked Oreos over the chocolate layer.
- Spread the remaining peanut butter mousse over the Oreo layer.
- Freeze until firm, at least 2-3 hours. Let thaw for about 10 minutes before cutting.
Before cutting to serve, spread hot fudge (at room temp, do NOT heat) or chocolate ganache (cooled to room temp) over the cake. Garnish with chopped Oreos and/or Reese's Cups.
Calories 431 | Fat 24g | Saturated Fat 9g | Carbs 55g | Fiber 2g | Sugar 34g | Protein 5g
More No-Bake Recipes!
Classic Muddy Buddies (aka Puppy Chow)