Classic Muddy Buddies or Puppy Chow
I don't know a single person who doesn't go crazy over muddy buddies! Peanut butter, chocolate, cereal, and powdered sugar– what's not to love?!
A FEW THINGS TO NOTE ABOUT MAKING MUDDY BUDDIES:
- This is just the basic recipe for muddy buddies, the starting point. There is SO MUCH fun you can have with these! Add M&Ms, pretzels, different kinds of cereal (I love adding Reese's Puffs!), or even switch out the chocolate chips for a different flavor.
- I think muddy buddies are really phenomenal when chilled. But be warned: all of the powdered sugar will dissolve when you take it out of the fridge due to condensation. So the best route for serving to a crowd or packaging it up is to keep it at room temp.
- Make sure you use a big bowl! Otherwise you'll have cereal and powdered sugar flying all over the place.
- You can either melt the chocolate and peanut butter together over the stove and then pour it over the cereal in the bowl, or you can melt them in the microwave in a large mixing bowl and add the cereal afterwards. I think it's easier to melt in the microwave, but you can't go wrong either way.
- If you choose to microwave the chocolate and peanut butter in the microwave, follow the recipe and only nuke it in 30-second increments. This will prevent burning the chocolate (which is really easy to do if you aren't paying attention).
WHAT'S MY FAVORITE PART OF THIS RECIPE?
I love the straight up simplicity of this recipe. Even though there are thousands of variations of muddy buddies out there, you won't find a single one that is better than this classic combo!!
You can get the FULL RECIPE to print and save on my other blog, Keat's Eats. CLICK HERE.
If you love muddy buddies, don't miss out on these fun recipes!!
Scotcheroo Muddy Buddies (my favorite!)
Be sure to pin these sweet recipes too!