Baked Devil’s Food Cake Donuts Recipe
An easy recipe for Devil's Food Cake Donuts that you will fall in love with!
TIPS FOR MAKING BAKED DEVIL'S FOOD CAKE DONUTS:
- You can make these in a muffin tin if you want, but go ahead and get a donut tin! They don't cost much and you can get one like this in 2-days with Amazon Prime.
- Be sure to grease the tin liberally with nonstick cooking spray. This serves two functions: a) it allows an easy release of the donuts, and b) it actually gives the donuts a bit of a fried texture, just like your favorite bakery donuts!
- You can add a little more or less milk to the glaze than the recipe calls for to get it to the exact consistency you're looking for. I like a thinner glaze, it tastes more like a bakery donut.
WHAT'S MY FAVORITE THING ABOUT THIS RECIPE?
I love, love the vanilla butter glaze on these donuts. It's amazing! And it hardens just a bit and creates this yummy, crackly outer layer with the soft donut underneath. SO GOOD.
- 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp vegetable or canola oil
For the Glaze:
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tbsp milk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 tbsp butter, melted
Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
Generously grease a donut pan with nonstick cooking spray.
Whisk together the flour, brown sugar, sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt.
Add the buttermilk, vanilla, the egg, and the oil and whisk until batter is smooth.
Pour the batter into a zip top bag, snip the corner and pipe the batter into the donut tin.
Bake for 10 minutes. After the donuts have cooled for a few minutes, invert them onto a cooling rack.
Make the glaze: whisk together the powdered sugar, milk, vanilla, and melted butter.
Dip the donut in the glaze. Let the excess drip off the donut and place back on the rack.
Nutrition: 161 Calories | 5g Fat | 29g Carb | 1g Fiber | 2g Protein
If you love homemade donuts, check out these recipes: