Levain Chocolate Peanut Butter Chip Cookies
These Chocolate Peanut Butter Chip Cookies are a homemade version of Levain Bakery’s legendary cookies! These were by far and away my favorite cookies when we visited Levain in NYC.
PIN IT NOW TO SAVE IT FOR LATER
A FEW THINGS TO NOTE ABOUT THIS RECIPE:
- Levain Bakery makes a dark chocolate cookie with peanut butter chips. If you want to use Hershey’s Special Dark Cocoa, that would be best. But regular cocoa powder works just fine too.
- These cookies are famous for being HUGE and a little underdone on the inside. This is accomplished by baking large cookie dough balls at a high temp for a shorter amount of time– this bakes the outside, but not the inside completely.
- I also suggest that you transfer the cookies to a cooling rack ASAP once they are out of the oven to stop the baking process completely.
- I like these cookies the very best when they are warm and melty! I always nuke them for a few seconds before eating them :)
WHAT’S MY FAVORITE THING ABOUT THIS RECIPE?
When we visited Levain Bakery in NYC a few years ago, I fully expected to pick the classic chocolate chip cookie as my favorite cookie. I was totally surprised to find myself falling in love with the chocolate peanut butter chip cookies! I don’t know what it is, but this flavor combo is so perfect and just hits the spot every time.
Levain Bakery Chocolate Peanut Butter Chip Cookies
These Chocolate Peanut Butter Chip Cookies are a homemade version of Levain Bakery's legendary cookies! These were by far and away my favorite cookies when we visited Levain in NYC.
- 1 cup butter, softened to room temperature
- 1 cup brown sugar
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup dark baking cocoa (regular is okay)
- 1 cup cake flour
- 1½ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- ¾ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1⅓ cup peanut butter chips
- Preheat the oven to 410ºF.
- Using a stand mixer: cream together the butter, brown sugar, and sugar.
- Add the eggs one and a time and mix in between additions.
- Mix in the cocoa powder, cake flour, all purpose flour, cornstarch, baking soda, and salt until dough forms.
- Fold in the peanut butter chips.
- Scoop 1/4 cup of dough on to a cookie sheet lined with a silicone baking mat or parchment paper (you can fit about 6 cookies on a baking sheet).
- Bake for 8 minutes (this should leave the centers slightly underdone).
- Transfer immediately to a cooling rack to stop the baking process.
Nutrition Per Cookie: 334 calories | 10g fat | 56g carbs | 1g fiber | 8g protein
Slightly modified from: Modern Honey
Have you made a Something Swanky recipe? Post it on Instagram and tag me @somethingswanky or use the hashtag #somethingswankyrecipes. I’d love to re-post!
Looking for more cookies? Try these recipes!
More great cookie recipes: