Levain Chocolate Peanut Butter Chip Cookies Recipe
These Chocolate Peanut Butter Chip Cookies are a homemade version of Levain Bakery's legendary cookies! These were by far and away my favorite cookies when we visited Levain in NYC.
PIN IT NOW TO SAVE IT FOR LATER
A FEW THINGS TO NOTE ABOUT THIS RECIPE:
- Levain Bakery makes a dark chocolate cookie with peanut butter chips. If you want to use Hershey's Special Dark Cocoa, that would be best. But regular cocoa powder works just fine too.
- These cookies are famous for being HUGE and a little underdone on the inside. This is accomplished by baking large cookie dough balls at a high temp for a shorter amount of time– this bakes the outside, but not the inside completely.
- I also suggest that you transfer the cookies to a cooling rack ASAP once they are out of the oven to stop the baking process completely.
- I like these cookies the very best when they are warm and melty! I always nuke them for a few seconds before eating them 🙂
WHAT'S MY FAVORITE THING ABOUT THIS RECIPE?
When we visited Levain Bakery in NYC a few years ago, I fully expected to pick the classic chocolate chip cookie as my favorite cookie. I was totally surprised to find myself falling in love with the chocolate peanut butter chip cookies! I don't know what it is, but this flavor combo is so perfect and just hits the spot every time.
- 1 cup butter, softened to room temperature
- 1 cup brown sugar
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup dark baking cocoa (regular is okay)
- 1 cup cake flour
- 1½ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- ¾ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1⅓ cup peanut butter chips
- Preheat the oven to 410ºF.
- Using a stand mixer: cream together the butter, brown sugar, and sugar.
- Add the eggs one and a time and mix in between additions.
- Mix in the cocoa powder, cake flour, all purpose flour, cornstarch, baking soda, and salt until dough forms.
- Fold in the peanut butter chips.
- Scoop 1/4 cup of dough on to a cookie sheet lined with a silicone baking mat or parchment paper (you can fit about 6 cookies on a baking sheet).
- Bake for 8 minutes (this should leave the centers slightly underdone).
- Transfer immediately to a cooling rack to stop the baking process.
Nutrition Per Cookie: 334 calories | 10g fat | 56g carbs | 1g fiber | 8g protein
Looking for more cookies? Try these recipes!
More great cookie recipes: