Easy Ice Cream Cookie Cake
Here’s how to make a super simple and delicious cookie dough ice cream birthday cake!
Summer is in full force around here! Swim lessons, air conditioning, hot leather seats sticking to your legs in the van, and daily ice cream runs.
Plus, in our house, summer = all.the.birthdays!!!
So I figure this easy ice cream cake is super appropriate.
Let me break down these layers for you:
????Sara Lee pound cake (it’s in the frozen section)
???? Vanilla ice cream
????Homemade eggless cookie dough recipe for one :)
???? Rainbow Chips (Wilton)
???? Hot fudge or chocolate syrup or chocolate ganache or whatever else you want on top!
That’s it!! How easy is that??
And really, you could use any flavor of ice cream you wanted to. I’m a vanilla girl, but I can think of plenty of other flavors that would be delicious in this cake. Cookies & Cream, chocolate peanut butter, or chocolate chip just to name a few!
Can you see those huge chunks of cookie dough in the ice cream? That’s my favorite part. I’m such a cookie dough snob when it comes to ice cream. I like knowing that I made the cookie dough in this dessert. And I like that I can make the dough a little softer if I want (I don’t like really hard chunks of dough in my ice cream) by simply adding a little more milk to the recipe.
This cake is so easy and SO good. I love that it doesn’t take a ton of effort. Outside of making the cookie dough (which is easily done with just a small bowl and a fork– no mixer required!), there’s hardly any hands on effort required here.
So what are you waiting for? You’re just a few minutes away from the yummiest ice cream cake you’ve ever made! Happy Summer!
- 1 Sara Lee frozen pound cake
- 1/2 of a carton (1.5 quarts) of ice cream, softened
- Chocolate syrup or hot fudge sauce
- Rainbow Chips
- Eggless cookie dough (store bought or recipe below)
For the Cookie Dough
- 1 Tbsp white granulated sugar
- 1 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1-1½ Tbsp butter, softened
- 1 Tbsp milk
- splash vanilla extract
- Pinch salt
- Pinch baking soda
- 4 Tbsp flour
- 1-2 Tbsp chocolate chips
Make the cookie dough:
- Use a fork to mash together the sugars and butter.
- Mix in the milk, vanilla, salt, baking soda, and flour, until dough forms.
- Mix in the chocolate chips. Set aside.
Assemble the cake:
- Remove the cake from the tin and split into two layers.
- Line the tin with plastic wrap (with enough hangover to cover the cake after it's been filled).
- Place the bottom half back in the lined tin. Spread the softened ice cream over the bottom layer.
- Roll the cookie dough into bite-sized balls and press them into the ice cream layer. Sprinkle the rainbow chips over the ice cream and cookie dough.
- Press the top layer of the cake on top of the ice cream. Carefully pull the plastic wrap up over the top of the cake. Wrap securely (use more plastic wrap if needed) and return to the freezer for at least an hour.
- Let thaw for 10 minutes before serving.