Banana Chocolate Chip Pancakes with Peanut Butter Syrup
Banana chocolate chip pancakes served with peanut butter maple syrup. Breakfast of champions!
The weekend called. It wants these Banana Chocolate Chip Pancakes with Peanut Butter Syrup!
A FEW THINGS TO NOTE ABOUT THIS RECIPE:
- Don’t overmix the batter! It’s okay if there are still lumps after you’re done mixing.
- Originally, I made these pancakes several years ago with chopped up Reese’s cups in the batter instead of chocolate chips. I switched up the recipe to make it a little more achievable using basic pantry items, but if you have Reese’s cups on hand– throw ’em in too!
- Of course, I always, always recommend using real maple syrup! But if you don’t have any, that’s okay. Table syrup works fine too.
Chocolate Chip Banana Pancakes with Peanut Butter Syrup
Banana chocolate chip pancakes served with peanut butter maple syrup.
- 2 overripe bananas
- 3 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp canola oil
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1½ cups buttermilk
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1½ tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 1 cup chocolate chips
Peanut Butter Syrup
- 1 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
Cook the pancakes
- Mash the bananas with a whisk in a mixing bowl. Whisk in the brown sugar, oil, egg, vanilla, and buttermilk.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Fold the wet ingredients into the dry until a batter forms.
- Mix in the chocolate chips.
- Scoop 1/4 cup batter onto the griddle. Cook until the first side is golden brown and then flip.
Make the syrup
Mix together the peanut butter and the maple syrup over medium-high heat until the peanut butter has melted and mixed well with the syrup. Pour syrup over the pancakes.
Calories 357 | Fat 13g | Saturated Fat 5g | Carbs 55g | Fiber 3g | Sugar 35g | Protein 7g
Nutrition approximated including peanut butter syrup
All images and text ©Something Swanky 2018
Have you made a Something Swanky recipe? Post it on Instagram and tag me @somethingswanky or use the hashtag #somethingswankyrecipes. I’d love to re-post!
More pancake recipes I think you’ll love!