Peanut Butter Cheerios Bars
You only need 3 simple ingredients and less than 10 minutes to make these delicious Peanut Butter Cheerios Bars.
This post has been sponsored by General Mills. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
JOIN MY FACEBOOK GROUP FOR SNEAK PEEKS AT UPCOMING RECIPES!
You only need THREE simple ingredients to make these Peanut Butter Cheerios Bars!
A FEW THINGS TO NOTE ABOUT THIS RECIPE:
- My mom always made these with Honey Nut Cheerios, and so I do too. But you could substitute Multi Grain Cheerios or the Yellow Box Cheerios as well.
- You can use crunchy or creamy peanut butter. I prefer crunchy while my kids prefer creamy. You can go either way without a problem!
- Speed up the setting up process by sticking these bars in the fridge or freezer for about 10 minutes after pressing them into the pan.
- Make sure you buy the Buy One, Give One boxes available exclusively at Walmart (more on that below!)
When Cheerios reached out to help spread the word about specially marked Buy One, Give One boxes of Cheerios, I knew exactly what I wanted to make! Buy One, Give One is all about sending a little joy to someone you love with their favorite Cheerios. And my mom happens to LOVE these peanut butter Cheerios bars. She’s recently had to make some diet adjustments for health reasons, and she’s been missing some of her favorite treats. Fortunately, Cheerios still fit right into her lifestyle– and it just so happens that the two other ingredients in this recipe do as well.
I meant to take her a big plate of these Cheerios Peanut Butter Bars… I swear I did. But between handing them off to the kids for a quick breakfast on-the-go, afterschool snacks, and my own personal *ahem* taste-testing (for official blog purposes of course)– the whole plate disappeared before I had a chance to share them with her. Which means I am definitely sending the “Give One” from my box of Honey Nut Cheerios to my mom. That way she can whip up a batch of these without the risk of little hands snatching them away!
Pssst! Keep reading and I’ll show you how easy it is to buy a box of Cheerios at Walmart and send another box to a friend ????!
Wondering how YOU can send a box of Cheerios to someone you love?
I did it, and it’s easy! Simply visit your nearby Walmart and buy a box of specially marked “Buy One, Give One” Cheerios (look for the blue stripe on the front that says, “send a free box to a friend”). Once you get home, find the code inside your cereal box and enter it at the Walmart website. They’ll send a coupon for a free box of Cheerios to someone you love!
As for me, I’ll be sending a box to a special someone who never got her plate of Peanut Butter Cheerios Bars! ????
- 10 ounces miniature marshmallows
- ½ cup peanut butter
- 5 cups Honey Nut Cheerios
- Prepare a 9x13 baking dish by lining it with parchment paper or foil and lightly spraying with a nonstick cooking oil.
- Place the marshmallows and the peanut butter in a large microwave-safe mixing bowl. Heat for 60 seconds, and stir until marshmallows are melted and mixed in with the peanut butter.
- Add the Cheerios and mix until cereal is completely coated.
- Press the mixture into the prepared baking dish. Let cool completely to set.
Calories 147 | Fat 5g | Saturated Fat 1g | Carbs 25g | Fiber 1g | Sugar 15g | Protein 3g
More No Bake Recipes I think you’ll love!