The Best Homemade Whipped Cream
This is BY FAR the best homemade whipped cream I’ve ever tried. It’s so easy to make, and it’s a dream to spread, pipe, and dollop. The best part is that it’s a stabilized whipped cream, which means it won’t deflate like homemade whipped cream normally does!
Wanna know what goes well with whipped cream?? Pie! Check out my favorite pie recipes on Facebook. And join my FB group for sneak peeks of photos and recipes!
Ingredients Needed for The Best Homemade Whipped Cream
- heavy whipping cream
- powdered sugar
- vanilla extract
- instant pudding mix, vanilla flavor (or any flavor!)
Recipe Notes & Tips
- For best results, chill the mixer bowl and whisk attachment in the freezer for about 10 minutes before mixing.
- Depending on how you want to use the whipped cream, you can increase the amount of pudding mix accordingly. For example, you might like a thicker whipped cream that resembles frosting if you wanted to frost a cake or pipe onto cupcakes. I really prefer the whipped cream with the measurements I’m providing in the recipe below; but if you want to thicken the whipped cream, begin by adding 1/2 tablespoon at a time to gradually increase the thickness.
- This whipped cream is easy to store in the refrigerator, just like you would store a tub of whipped topping from the grocery store. It’s completely stable and won’t deflate!
- Use different flavors of pudding mix to create a variety of flavored whipped creams!
Amoretti Vanilla Madagascar Bourbon Extract
Bourbon-Madagascar is the most prized of the vanilla beans grown throughout the world because of their superior flavor, due to high vanillin content. Do not confuse amoretti Madagascar Bourbon Vanilla (2 fold) with the vanilla extract you buy in the supermarket, restaurant supply, or your favorite specialty kitchen store. Amoretti Madagascar Bourbon Vanilla (2 fold) contains no alcohol, no artificial ingredients, is shelf stable, and is stronger and more flavorful than any other product of its kind currently available.
Amoretti has been manufacturing delicious flavors & ingredients for the food and beverage industries for 30+ years. Be sure to check out their full line of products here!
Watch How Easy it is to Make The Best Homemade Whipped Cream!
Best Homemade Whipped Cream
This is BY FAR the best homemade whipped cream I've ever tried. It's so easy to make, and it's a dream to spread, pipe, and dollop. The best part is that it's a stabilized whipped cream, which means it won't deflate like homemade whipped cream normally does!
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp instant pudding mix, vanilla flavor
- Chill the bowl and whisk attachment of a stand mixer in the freezer for 10 minutes (I strongly suggest using a stand mixer rather than a hand mixer. If you DO use a hand mixer, be sure to use a large, deep bowl).
- Pour all of the ingredients into the bowl and whisk on high for 5 minutes or until stiff peaks form.
- Spread, pipe, or dollop! Keep stored in a covered container in the refrigerator.
All images and text ©Something Swanky 2018
Have you made a Something Swanky recipe? Post it on Instagram and tag me @somethingswanky or use the hashtag #somethingswankyrecipes. I’d love to re-post!
More Recipes You’ll Love
Try using this homemade whipped cream with these desserts!