Red Velvet Crepes with No Bake Blintz Filling
Red Velvet Crepes with a no bake blintz filling. These are also yummy with Nutella, whipped cream, and strawberries!
A few things to note about this recipe:
- DO use a nonstick skillet (this is a must), but DO NOT use non-stick cooking spray. If you use nonstick cooking spray, the batter won’t be able to spread out evenly in the skillet.
- I found that one side of the crepes turned out a light pink, while the other side was much more red. If you want a stronger red color, add a few drops of red food coloring.
- Be patient. The first few crepes always suck.
- This is my favorite spatula for lifting crepes.
- The blintz filling is quite heavy, so just remember that a little goes a long way on a crepe!
What’s my favorite part about this recipe?
I thought these crepes were so, so, SO good with Nutella and strawberries. The blintz filling is yummy (a lot like a cannoli filling), but I can’t seem to resist a crepe smothered in Nutella!
- 1-1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup red velvet cake mix
- 2 tbsp sugar
- pinch of salt
- 6 eggs
- 4 tbsp butter, melted
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups whole milk
2 cups ricotta cheese 1-1/2 cup sour cream 2-1/2 cups whipped cream cheese 1 Tbsp granulated sugar 1-1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 2 cups ricotta cheese
- 1-1/2 cup sour cream
- 2-1/2 cups whipped cream cheese
- 1 Tbsp granulated sugar
- 1-1/4 cup powdered sugar
Begin preheating a large nonstick skillet to medium.
Meanwhile, place all of the crepe ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.
Pour about 1/4 cup of batter into the heated skillet and swirl it around to form a circle (reference the video above). Let cook on one side for about a minute-- look for the center to appear dry and the edges to begin curling.
Gently run a spatula around the edges to loosen the crepe from the pan. Gently flip and cook for a few seconds on the other side.
Place the cooked crepe on a paper towel lined plate. Place a paper towel in between each cooked crepe.
After all the crepes have cooled, you can remove the paper towels and keep the crepes chilled in a covered container until ready to serve.
Make the filling:
Using a stand mixer, whisk together all of the filling ingredients. Once the mixture is smooth, whip on high speed for 3-4 minutes until mixture looks light and fluffy.
Spread filling inside each crepe before folding and eating. Top with chocolate chips or sliced fruit if desired.