Strawberry Pie Recipe
This is one of those recipes that really make it a crying shame you can't just reach through the screen and take a bite. It's that good.
Have you ever had Strawberry Jell-O Pretzel Salad (if you're not familiar, recipe coming soon!)? This pie tastes a lot like that. It uses a spectacular graham cracker crust (recipe from Crazy for Crust), which is perfectly buttery and sweet.
The beautiful and SO SIMPLE strawberry filling can be made with fresh or frozen berries and comes together in a snap. Topped with whipped cream and more graham cracker crumbs, this pie combines the best of summertime flavors and textures. Serve it chilled for the perfect creamy, dreamy potluck or BBQ dessert!
This strawberry pie takes about 30 minutes to pull together. After that, stick in the fridge and forget about it until you're ready to serve. Spread with whipped cream and plate it up!
- Baked Graham Cracker Crust (recipe found on Crazy for Crust)
- 6 cups hulled strawberries (whole or halved, fresh or frozen)
- 1/2 cup water, divided
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tbsp cornstarch
- 8 oz Cool Whip for topping
- Add the strawberries, 1/4 cup water, and sugar to a large saucepan over medium high heat.
- Place the remaining 1/4 cup of water in a small ziptop bag with the cornstarch. Seal and shake until cornstarch is dissolved. Pour liquid into the saucepan, and begin stirring.
- Stir regularly until sauce has come to a boil. Allow to boil (and continue stirring) for 3-4 minutes until thick enough to coat a spoon.
- Pour the filling into the baked pie crust. Chill for at least 3-4 hours until set (overnight would be awesome).
- Spread whipped topping over the top of the pie before cutting and serving.
Have you made a Something Swanky recipe? Post it on Instagram and tag me @somethingswanky. I’d love to re-post!
Be sure to also follow me on Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, and in the Something Swanky Dessert Recipes Facebook group!
Pin it: 75+ Berry Summertime Desserts
Pin it: Homemade Strawberry Sauce