Pumpkin Poke Cake
This Pumpkin Caramel Poke Cake is your new favorite Fall staple!
Want to know what I think makes it so great? It's crazy easy to make.
- DO NOT USE PUMPKIN PIE FILLING. YOU MUST USE PUMPKIN PUREE IF YOU WANT THE CAKE TO BAKE CORRECTLY.
- Feel free to sub in your own pumpkin cake recipe for my quickie version.
- DO NOT mix together the pumpkin, cake mix, and the other ingredients on the back of the cake mix box!!!! ONLY mix the cake mix and the pumpkin puree.
- You must let the caramel sauce soak in all the way. Letting it sit overnight will yield best results.
- Use the bottom of a wooden mixing spoon to poke the holes in the cake– it's just the right size.
- 15 ounces pumpkin puree (NOT pumpkin pie filling)
- 1 yellow cake mix (just the dry mix)
- 1/2 cup milk (I eyeball this and fill the pumpkin can halfway)
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 jar Smuckers sundae delight caramel sauce
- 16 ounces Cool Whip
- 1 cup (or more) chopped Heath Bits
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Mix together the cake mix, pumpkin puree, milk, pumpkin pie spice, and vanilla until batter forms.
- Pour the batter into a well greased 9x13 baking dish and bake for 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Allow the cake to cool for about 10 minutes before poking holes throughout the cake using the handle of a wooden spoon. Pour the caramel sauce over the cake, aiming to fill the holes.
- Let cool for about another 30 minutes or so (just until it's cool enough that the Cool Whip topping wouldn't melt on top).
- Spread Cool Whip over the top and add the Heath bits on top as well. Cover and chill for 3-4 hours or overnight before serving.
If you liked this recipe, be sure to check out these others!