Chili’s Molten Lava Cake Recipe
With a little bit of planning ahead (there is a little freezing before baking involved, so be sure to read the whole recipe ahead of time!), this recipe is super simple to pull off and quite impressive in the end.
I plated my cakes with a drizzle of Homemade Salted Caramel Sauce and a generous topping of Homemade Magic Shell. So be sure to click through to those easy and delicious recipes to make your molten lava cakes extra fantastic!
- 16 ounces ready-to-spread chocolate frosting
- 1 box Devil's Food cake mix
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 3 ounces chocolate instant pudding mix
- 1 1/4 cup water
Prepare 1-2+ hours ahead of time:
- Use a cookie scoop to portion out 4 heaping tablespoons of the chocolate frosting on to a lined baking sheet. Place the baking sheet in the freezer for 1-2 hours until frosting is very firm.
Preheat oven to 350ºF. GREASE AND FLOUR four mini bundt pans.*
- Mix together the cake mix, vegetable oil, pudding mix, and water until batter forms.
- Divide the batter evenly among the four mini bundt pans.
- Gently press a portion of the frozen frosting into the center of each bundt pan, pressing it into the batter. Use a spatula to gently spread some of the batter over the frosting, sealing it inside.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Remove and let cool for at least 15 minutes before inverting onto a plate and serving warm with the caramel sauce, ice cream, and magic shell.
*I used these Wilton 4.4" Mini Fluted Tube Pans (http://amzn.to/1pJWC5O)