Mini Fruit Tart Pies Recipe
We are totally, totally, totally loving summertime right now. We've been settled into our new place for a little over a week, and we're been hanging by the pool, playing with new friends, and hanging with Grandma pretty non-stop.
With all this summer fun going on, it seemed like an appropriate time to post a creamy treat topped with juicy berries! These little guys are so yummy and easy to make. Plus, they're all decked out in Red, White, and Blue which makes them the perfect pop-able appetizer or dessert to serve at all of the July 4th festivities that are right around the corner!
The simplicity of making these pies may be the best part about them! Using a Pillsbury refrigerated pie crust really makes things easy. Use a 6″ circle cutter to cut the mini pie crusts, place them in a mini muffin tin, and then bake. Fill the shells with a super simple cream cheese vanilla bean filing, and top with your favorite fruit!
It couldn't be an easier recipe to follow… or to eat 😉
- 2 refrigerated Pillsbury pie crusts
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar (yes, granulated)
- 1 vanilla bean, scraped OR 1 tsp vanilla paste OR 1 tsp vanilla
- cut fruit for topping (I used strawberries and blackberries)
- Preheat oven to 450ºF.
- Unroll pie crusts. Use 6" cookie cutter to cut mini crusts. Press each small circle into a cup in a mini muffin tin (you could also use a regular tin, you would just have larger mini pies).
- Bake for 8-9 minutes until just barely golden brown around edges. Remove from tin and let cool.
- Meanwhile, beat together the cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla (bean, paste, or extract). Scrape the mixture into a ziptop bag. Snip the corner and pipe the mixture into each pie shell.
- Top each pie with cut fruit.
- Serve immediately or cover and chill until time to serve.
Have you made a Something Swanky recipe? Post it on Instagram and tag me @somethingswanky. I'd love to re-post!