Mini Cadbury Egg Cheesecake Cake with Chocolate Ganache
A mini cadbury egg cheesecake in between two layers of my favorite chocolate cake. Frosted with milk chocolate buttercream and topped with chocolate ganache!
One of my favorite desserts to make is a cheesecake cake! In this post, you’ll find a recipe that you can pin, print, and share in addition to full-size photographs and how-to tips for making this cake. What this post is not: a decorating tutorial. In the interest of full disclosure, I must tell you that I will not be discussing how to decorate a cake in this post! One day I’d like to gain enough cake decorating experience to put together a designated post for cake decorating, but until then I hope you’ll enjoy just having the recipes 🙂
This Mini Cadbury Egg Cheesecake Cake is the perfect show-stopper for your Easter dessert!
A FEW THINGS TO NOTE ABOUT THIS RECIPE
- Of course you can use any cake recipe you’d like to pair with this chocolate chip cheesecake filling. But I’m providing you with my very favorite chocolate cake recipe below. I think it would be good with red velvet too!
- I’ve found the easiest way to get the cheesecake to release from the cake pan is to line it with foil and give it a light spray before pouring the batter inside. I like using a cake pan for this cheesecake (instead of a springform pan) so that it’s the exact same size as the chocolate cake layers.
- The reason I’m instructing you to place the cheesecake layer in between the layers of cake before chilling is that the condensation caused by the cakes moving from room temp to chilled causes them to stick together– rendering additional layers of frosting between the cakes unnecessary. Although, if you’d like to add extra frosting between the layers anyway, don’t let me stop you!
- M&M also makes a fabulous Easter egg candy that would work just fine for this recipe instead of mini Cadbury eggs. However, I wouldn’t use Robin Eggs, because the malt centers will dissolve.
What’s my favorite part of this Mini Cadbury Egg Cheesecake Cake?
The cheesecake in the middle!! And maybe the ganache on top. It’s impossible to decide.
- Chocolate Cake recipe baked and cooled in two 9-inch rounds
For the Cheesecake:
- 16 ounces cream cheese
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup Mini Cadbury Eggs, crushed
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
For the Milk Chocolate Frosting:
- 2 cups butter, room temperature
- 8 cups powdered sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 5-6 tbsp. milk or half and half
- 2/3 c. cocoa powder
- more Mini Cadbury Eggs
- chocolate shavings
- chocolate ganache
Prepare the chocolate cakes.
Prepare the cheesecake filling:
- Preheat the oven to 325ºF.
- Beat together the cream cheese and sugar until smooth.
- Mix in the eggs one at a time. Mix in the vanilla and crushed Cadbury eggs.
- Line a 9-inch cake tin with foil and lightly spray with non-stick cooking spray, and pour in the batter.
- Bake for 40 minutes. Let cool to room temperature before layering the cheesecake in between the two layers of chocolate cake.
Cover the cakes (layered together) and let chill completely.
Prepare the frosting:
- Using a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, whisk the butter until smooth.
- Add the powdered sugar one cup at a time, alternating each addition with a liquid (the vanilla and then the milk) until everything has been added and frosting has reached desired consistency. Scrape down the sides of the bowl as needed.
- Mix in the cocoa powder, scraping down the sides as needed and adding a little more milk if necessary to keep the desired consistency.
- Keep covered in an airtight container until ready to use.
- Place the three layers of cake (that should stick together after being chilled) on your serving plate.
- Frost the cake with an offset spatula.
- Add any additional toppings if desired. I loved the ganache on top of mine! Keep chilled until ready to serve.
Calories 1029 | Fat 64g | Saturated Fat 32g | Carbs 113g | Fiber 4g | Sugar 100g | Protein 8g
Nutrition is approximated and does not include optional toppings
PIN IT NOW TO SAVE IT FOR LATER
More recipes I think you’ll love!