Chocolate Cake with Coca-Cola® Recipe
This post has been sponsored by The Coca-Cola Company. All thoughts and opinions are my own. Coca-Cola Cake Recipe
This Chocolate Cake with COCA-COLA is a classic Southern chocolate cake with the best-ever chocolate frosting. A must-make for any summer potluck!
Make every sip a celebration this summer by visiting Sam's Club for all of your summer entertaining essentials. Check out more details on Samsclub.com.
Ingredients Needed for Chocolate Cake with COCA-COLA
- chocolate cake mix
- instant pudding mix
- Coca-Cola® Mini Can
- miniature marshmallows
- powdered sugar
- cocoa powder
How to Make the Chocolate Cake with COCA-COLA
Whisk together all of the cake ingredients and fold in the miniature marshmallows. Most of the marshmallows will dissolve during baking, making the cake extra moist. And some of the marshmallows that bake towards the top will get toasty, adding a slightly crispy texture to the top of the cake.
Immediately after removing the cake from the oven, start on the frosting. It's meant to be poured on the cake while it's warm, so don't make the frosting ahead of time. Whisk all of the ingredients together over medium heat until it's smooth and creamy. I felt like using an electric hand mixer did a better job than using a hand whisk. So if you have one on hand, it's worth pulling out of the cupboard for this!
Now, the cake is good. But the frosting is where the magic happens! The Coca-Cola® and chocolate create an irresistible flavor combination, and you'll want to smother everything in this creamy frosting with a slightly crackly top.
I love shopping at Sam's Club and using the mobile app before grabbing my order at the outside club pick up! I never have to unload my kids from the car, and I still get everything I want. It's a win-win!
Be sure to visit Samsclub.com for all of your summer entertaining needs!
For the Cake
- 1 box chocolate cake mix
- 1 (3.4 oz) instant chocolate pudding, dry mix only
- 3 eggs, room temperature
- 1/3 cup oil
- 1 cup Coca-Cola, room temperature
- 1 ½ cups miniature marshmallows
For the Frosting
- ½ cup butter
- ⅓ cup Coca-Cola
- 3 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF. Grease a 9x13 baking pan and set aside.
- Whisk together the cake mix, pudding mix, eggs, oil, and 1 cup of Coca-Cola until batter forms. Fold in the miniature marshmallows.
- Spread the batter in the prepared baking pan.
- Bake for 35 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Immediately begin to prepare the frosting: melt the butter over medium-high heat. Whisk in the Coca-Cola and cocoa powder.
- Turn the heat to low, and add the powdered sugar one cup at a time. Mix in between each addition with an electric hand mixer until smooth. Mix in the vanilla.
- Pour the frosting over the warm cake. Serve immediately or after cake has cooled.
Recipe Video of the Day: Chocolate Mug Cake
[adthrive-in-post-video-player video-id=”Bc6yQdgw” upload-date=”2019-02-28T01:16:21.000Z” name=”Mug Cake ” description=”null”]