Chewy Peanut Butter Granola Parfait
Hi friends!!!!!!! Oh, boy, am I glad to see you!!!
This is my first post I’ve written since before Christmas, and I feel like I’ve been away FOREVER! How were your holidays?? All I know is that I saw tons of camera lenses, laptops, and iPads jamming up my Instagram stream on Christmas morning, so it looked like a lot of fabulous Christmases from where I was sitting!
Our Christmas was wonderful too! We flew to California on Christmas Eve and spent about a week and half there with my in-laws. We played with a very patient kitty cat named Oliver, made tamales, ate Sushi and Pinkberry yogurt, ran the Polar Bear Run 5K on New Years Day, played a very competitive game of Scategories, went bridesmaids and flower girls dress shopping, and visited the Sacramento Zoo.
Oh yeah, and one more thing…
So, in case you don’t follow my bloggy life on FB and/or instagram (or in case you’re an actual real life friend and don’t really know who these “blog people” are…), Dorothy and Hayley have been blogging BFFs of mine for quite a while now. I think Dorothy and I have been corresponding via email, text, and comments for going on 3 years now! Can you believe that? Finally getting to meet was definitely one of the highlights of my year :)
Dorothy and I spent all afternoon shopping for photo props, talking all about blog stats and Facebook groups and BlogCon 2013 (I think that was mentioned once? ;) ). We joined up with husbands, kids, and Hayley for a fab dinner, and it was all just so. much. fun.
If you ever get the chance to spend a day with these two, I highly recommend it ;)
Want to know what else happened to me over the holidays?
I became a peanut butter granola crack addict. Like, really, really.
My mom has been making this granola for a couple of months now, so it’s been around for my past few jaunts down to NC to visit. But I was never really interested, because I’m not super into granola. And, if I’m being totally honest here, I’m not really that into peanut butter on it’s own either.
But I’ve been watching my sister make this Boston Cream Pie Yogurt/chocolate chips/peanut butter granola for months now, and I finally had to give in and try it for breakfast on Christmas Eve (the day we flew to California).
And I am not lying one little bit when I say that I craved that concoction for the entire 10 days we were in California. I kept trying to put it out of my mind– we were eating Pinkberry for crying out loud!! But it kept gnawing at me, day after day.
Our return trip landed us in Raleigh a little after midnight, and we pulled up to my parents’ house around 1:30am.
You had better believe that I made a beeline first thing for that granola. At 1:30 in the morning. Oh, yes I did.
It is THAT good.
The best part? The granola itself taste like peanut butter cookies, but it’s made up of only 3 simple ingredients (plus a splash of vanilla if you’re also a vanilla addict, like me)!
You will not be able to get enough of this, I promise…
Serves: 12 (1/4 cup servings)
Notes about this recipe:
- This granola is chewy, not crunchy. I LOVE it that way. When it’s in the parfait with the chocolate, it reminds me of a Reese’s cup! However, if chewy granola just isn’t your thing, bake it for an additional 5-8 minutes, until it start to brown a little.
- We very rarely take the time to use pretty sundae glasses and make nice, orderly layers. Ok. We NEVER take the time to do this. Just toss everything in a cereal bowl, mix it up, and dig in!
- We always use mini chocolate chips in this recipe. But I didn’t have any in my pantry on the day I wanted to photograph these. Forgive the faux pas, please!
Granola from Friends:
- Funfetti Granola Bites by Sally’s Baking Addiction
- S’mores Granola by Crazy For Crust
- Peanut Butter Cup Granola by Cookies and Cups
Latest posts by Ashton (see all)
- Our Week in Pictures + What I’m Loving - February 11, 2016
- Cupid Chow Valentine’s Day Popcorn Mix - February 10, 2016
- Cake Man Raven’s Red Velvet Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting - February 9, 2016