Peanut Butter and Jelly Popcorn Recipe
Emma started eating PB&J sandwiches last week like it was her job. Which was super convenient, since I knew I had this Welch's post coming up! I love it when my blog life and my home life come together, and they certainly do when it comes to Welch's Natural Grape Spread.
Like I said, girlfriend's been eating sandwiches like it's her full time gig. I make sure that she only eats my homemade bread, she only gets natural peanut butter, but the jelly… oh, the jelly. It's always kind of my hold up. It just seems so… you know… artificial.
So, of course, I was thrilled to try out Welch's Natural Concord Grape Spread. It contains no fructose corn syrup, no artificial flavors, no coloring, and no preservatives.
I've been wanting to attempt a Peanut Butter and Jelly dessert recipe for a while now. I've done Peanut Butter and Marshmallows, Peanut Butter and Chocolate, Peanut Butter and Oatmeal, Peanut Butter and Banana, and Peanut Butter and Caramel. But never Jelly!
For some reason it's always scared me to try and bring them together in a dessert. Maybe because they aren't ingredients you can really mix. Just like in the sandwich, you have to keep them somewhat separate in order to really enjoy them together. Right?
I thought Popcorn would be up to the task, and boy! Was it ever! Half of the popcorn is coated in peanut butter and white chocolate, and the other half is coated in Welch's Natural Grape Jelly Spread and white chocolate. And then, after each half has cooled and the coating has set, you bring them together into one, perfect PB&J munch-time treat!
- 8 cups popped popcorn (I popped about 1/4 cup kernels for this small batch)
- 1 cup white chocolate, divided
- 1 1/2 tbsp. Welch's Natural Grape Jelly Spread
- 1 tbsp. peanut butter
- Divide Popcorn into two separate bowls.
- Over medium low heat on the stove top, melt 1/2 cup white chocolate with 1 tbsp. peanut butter. Stir until smooth. Pour over 1 bowl of the popcorn. Use a rubber spatula to mix well and coat thoroughly. Spread out on a silicon mat or parchment paper to let cool.
- Meanwhile, melt the remaining 1/2 cup white chocolate with 1 1/2 tbsp grape jelly over medium low heat on the stove top. Stir until smooth. Pour over the other bowl of popcorn, and stir with rubber spatula to coat well. Spread out on silicon mat or parchment paper to let cool.
- Once both batches of popcorn are cooled enough that the coatings are set, mix them both together in a bowl and serve!
“I participated in a campaign on behalf of Mom Central Consulting for Welch’s. I received product samples to facilitate my review as well as a promotional item as a thank-you for participating.”
PB&J Treats from Friends: