Homemade Chewy Peanut Butter Granola
Peanut butter lovers, this easy Homemade Chewy Peanut butter Granola recipe is for you! I love eating it for breakfast or as a snack with a big bowl of yogurt and lots of chocolate chips.
CHECK OUT MY FAVORITE BREAKFAST RECIPES ON FACEBOOK!
Ingredients for Homemade Chewy Peanut Butter Granola
- peanut butter
- old fashioned oats
- optional: a splash of vanilla
How to Eat This Homemade Chewy Peanut Butter Granola
I mean, sure– it’s granola. How hard can it be to figure out how to eat it? I know. But believe it or not, my family actually does have a few creative ways that we like to eat this granola!
- On yogurt, with chocolate chips. Obviously.
- On Apple Nachos! Slice a Granny Smith Apple and drizzle it with melted peanut butter (or Nutella!) and crumble some granola on top. I add chocolate chips too.
- Make snack balls. Simply roll the mixture into tablespoon-sized balls, and keep them in the fridge instead of baking. Grab one or a few for delicious on-the-go snacking filled with protein and fiber!
- Make MONSTER COOKIE snack balls. Do the same thing as the last bullet point, but also mix in some mini M&MS. It’s ridiculously good.
- Sub almond butter and add coconut and chocolate chips for something along the lines of an almond joy. Check out these Almond Joy Granola Bites for a recipe.
- Eat it plain. Because it basically tastes like a cookie 😋.
How to Make Homemade Chewy Peanut Butter Granola
It’s embarrassingly simple to make this granola, but I made this video anyway to show you how. Just for fun 😄. Please note– you DO NOT need a stand mixer to make this recipe. I just bought a new glass bowl for my KitchenAid and wanted to use it in a video. But seriously, there is no need to bust out a stand mixer if you’ve got a bowl and spoon. I promise!
Chewy Peanut Butter Granola
Peanut butter lovers, this easy granola recipe is for you! I love eating it for breakfast or as a snack with a big bowl of yogurt and lots of chocolate chips.
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups old fashioned oats
- Preheat oven to 350. Line a baking sheet with foil, parchment, or a silicone baking mat (my preference).
- In a large bowl, microwave the honey and the peanut butter together in 30-second increments until easy to mix together. Stir in the vanilla if desired.
- Mix in the oats.
- Spread granola on the prepared baking sheet. Bake for 8 minutes.
- Let cool completely. Crumble into bite sized pieces. Store in an airtight container for up to two weeks.
All images and text ©Something Swanky 2018
Have you made a Something Swanky recipe? Post it on Instagram and tag me @somethingswanky or use the hashtag #somethingswankyrecipes. I’d love to re-post!
Love granola? I’ve got more!
BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THESE OTHER GRANOLA RECIPES ON MY SITE