Monster Cookie Granola Recipe
Whether you're looking for a filling and nutritional breakfast, a satisfying snack on the go, or some cookies for dessert, this Monster Cookie Granola has you more than covered!
Chewy Peanut Butter Granola is one my very favorite all time foods– I'll eat for a breakfast, lunch, dinner, and all the snacks and desserts in between!
It's super easy to make, tastes like cookies, and stores for a really long time. Adding M&Ms to make it taste just like my favorite cookie was only the most natural next step in the ultimate recipe development!
My favorite way to eat this granola is in yogurt (I like Vanilla and Boston Cream Pie flavors best), but you could eat it plain, on ice cream, bake it into granola bars, or even bake it a little longer for a crispy granola that will be yummy in cereal!
It's only 3 simple ingredients (plus the M&Ms and Chocolate Chips, so really 5 ingredients), 8 minutes in the oven, and just a little longer than that to cool. Although my mom and sister swear by eating it warm (I'm a room temp kinda gal)!
- 1/2 cup peanut butter (I like chunky)
- 1/2 cup honey
- 2 cups old fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup miniature chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup mini M&Ms
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare a cookie sheet by lining it with parchment paper or a silicon liner.
- Put the honey and the peanut butter into a medium sized microwave safe bowl. Microwave for 30 seconds, until peanut butter is a little melted.
- Whisk together until smooth (you can add a splash of vanilla here if you want, I do it about half of the time).
- Use a rubber spatula to mix in the oats, making sure the oats are thoroughly coated in the peanut butter/honey mixture. Mix in the M&Ms and chocolate chips.
- Spread the granola onto the prepared cookie sheet. Bake for 8 minutes.
- Let cool completely. Crumble into bite sized pieces.
- Store in an airtight container for up to two weeks (really, it lasts way longer-- but I always feel funny recommending people store anything longer than that!)