Peanut Butter Candy Bar Popcorn with Snickers and Milky Way Bites
This popcorn is sure to get gobbled up on game day! Peanut butter, Snickers, and Milkways make this popcorn a winning treat!
I spent alllllllllllll summer diving into popcorn as I developed recipes for my book (hopefully I’ll have a release date for that soon!!), and after my manuscript was submitted, I vowed to my husband that I never wanted to see another kernel for the rest of my life!
But I just can’t help it! Something about popcorn totally satisfies those munch cravings I get, but it’s also seriously perfect for every occasion. I LOVE that you can make it work for anything.
Right now, I’m loving it for game days!! I’ve told you before how much I love tossing Snickers and Milk Ways Bites into cookies. Well, it should be no surprise that they’re pretty darn awesome in popcorn too! I know this is a pretty obvious point, and I’m sure it’s been said a million time, but hellloooo? Already unwrapped?! Call me lazy, but that’s enough to make them the #1 ingredient in my kitchen any day!
At first, I wanted to get all fancy with this recipe, an make a caramel corn-type mix. But then I thought– let’s keep things simple! So I ran out to Wal-Mart, grabbed some of these MARS Bites, white chocolate melts, and peanut butter. After a little melting and tossing, I was done!
That’s what you’re looking for on game day anyway, right? I know I am! I loathe having a bunch of friends over for the game and being stuck in the kitchen prepping food and doing dishes while everyone else is enjoying the game together.
Of course, the stray person is always like… “uh, hello in there? Can I help you? Oh, no? So I can keep watching the game? Yeah, that’s cool. You, uh, just let me know if you need help or something….trails off”
Because no one wants to be the person stuck in the kitchen on game day.
With this simple popcorn, there’s no need! Melt and mix the white chocolate candy coating and peanut butter. Pour it over the popcorn to coat. And toss in some Mars Bites Snickers and Milk Ways for the perfect snack mix! It only takes about 10 minutes to cool and set up. After that, it’s fine to toss in a bowl and pass around to the crowd!
Seriously, these Bites are the best. Still not so sure? Grab this coupon and go grab a bag or two for yourself!
And then come right back and whip up a batch of this popcorn!
- 8 cups popped popcorn
- 1 cup white melting candy (like Wilton's or Ghirardelli)
- 3 tbsp. peanut butter
- 1/2 cup Snickers Bites
- 1/2 cup Milk Way Bites
- Optional: 1/4 cup dark melting chocolate for drizzling
- Place the popcorn in an extra large bowl, remove all the unpopped kernels, and set aside.
- Place the white melting candy and the peanut butter in a small, microwave safe bowl and heat for 1 minute. Once melted, stir until smooth (if additional heating is necessary to melt completely, heat in 30-second increments, stirring afterwards each time).
- Pour the peanut butter melting candy over the popcorn and gently stir to coat. Mix in the Snickers Bites and the Milky Way Bites.
- Spread the popcorn on a large piece of parchment or silicon baking mat to cool and set for approximately 20 minutes.
- Optional: melt the dark melting chocolate by microwaving it in a sturdy ziptop bag ("smush" it from the outside of the bag with your hand to smooth it out once it's melted). Snip the corner off the bag and pipe a chocolate drizzle over the popcorn.
- Once popcorn has set, serve immediately or store in an airtight container for up to 3 days.