Fluffer Nutter Blondies
I’m a best-friends type girl.
I’ve never been one to need a big group of friends. In fact, I like exclusivity.
I’d rather have one or two best friends and hang out with them all the time.
I’ve had excellent best friends in all of my different phases of life.
They’ve seen me through the times that I wore over-sized t-shirts tucked into spandex shorts.
They stuck with me through my boy-crazed teenage years.
They wiped away my tears when I was homesick at college.
And they double dated with us after “I” became an “us.”
When we moved from Utah to Virginia, I thought I was giving up having best friends.
I thought I’d never make new best friends again– that maybe that phase of life was over.
Like once you have kids, your BFF days are over.
Thank goodness I was wrong.
And not only wrong, but really wrong!
Not only have I made new best friends here, I’ve made so many more best friends than I’ve ever had before! I was stunned to find 4, 5, even 6 gals that I just love to see every day! Our kids play together beautifully, and we chat and laugh all the live-long day. It’s been a dream.
But, sadly, life cycles through, things change, and friends leave.
I’m saying goodbye to two of my favorite ladies this week, and it’s been utterly heartbreaking.
Which leads me to these Fluffer Nutter Blondies.
They are absolutely, no lies, straight up comfort food.
Emotional eating. That’s what’s happening over here.
Thanks for the time girls! It’s been a blast :)
Speaking of girls I love… Shelly over at Cookies and Cups
is my ultimate dessert inspiration, and I love getting great recipes from her site! This recipe is hers and you can check out the original here
- 1 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 3/4 cup Marshmallow Fluff
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Spray a 9×13 baking dish with cooking spray.
- Cream butter and peanut butter together.
- Add sugars and beat until light and fluffy.
- On medium speed add in eggs and vanilla and mix until incorporated.
- Stir in your baking soda, salt and flour until just combined.
- Spread the batter in your prepared pan.
- Drop you Fluff randomly on top of the batter and swirl in with a knife.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes until toothpick placed 1 inch from side comes out clean. Don’t over bake.
- - See more at: https://www.somethingswanky.com/fluffer-nutter-blondies/#sthash.mvnACveZ.dpuf
MY LATEST VIDEOS