You know those stories– when you “kinda had to be there” to get them?
That's what this recipe is. But have no fear– you don't have to wish you were there!
Just be sure to click on all the links today, and you'll actually be “there.”
Where this ice cream came from 🙂
Oh. Em. Gee. Those Nutter Butter S'mores.
Possibly the simplest dessert I've ever posted, but definitely one of the best.
Fast forward a few weeks: my friends start busting out ice cream recipes all over the place.
(And those aren't shameless plugs, BTW– I've really been obsessing over those recipes all week!)
And I don't know how it happened, but somehow the Nutter Butter S'mores and the two-ingredient Ice Cream recipes came together in my head, and all of a sudden it was in my freezer.
I've made the two-ingredient ice cream before, and my husband's not a fan.
(I know. What kind of monster did I marry?
Whipped Cream and Sweetened Condensed milk?? C'mon!)
However, you should know: he gave this recipe a big thumbs up.
That's money right there, folks.
Nutter Butter S'mores Ice Cream
- 2 – Cool Whip, 8 oz.
- 1 can Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 2/3 c. Hershey's Milk Chocolate bars, broken up
- 8 Nutter Butter Cookies, divided
- 1/3 c. Marshmallow Cream
- Whisk together the cool whip and the sweetened condensed milk.
- Fold in the chocolate and 6 crushed Nutter Butters.
- Fold in the marshmallow cream– this can be a little tricky. I sort of “chopped” it in, using a firm rubber spatula.
- Crumble the remaining 2 Nutter Butters in your hands (you want chunks, so don't crumble them so much that they're “crushed”) and fold in with rubber spatula.
- Spread in a freezer-safe container, cover, and freeze for at least 6 hours.
You can save this recipe to your own Recipe Box via ZipList. And they'll take the ingredients from the recipe and generate a shopping list just for you accessible on your computer or mobile device! I use mine all the time. If you aren't already using this really awesome recipe tool, take a minute to sign up at ZipList.com (it's free)!
Please visit my Party Page
for a more complete index of Link Parties.