Peanut Butter Cup Deep Dish Cookies
For the Cookie:
- 1 1/2 cups AP flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp. milk
- 1 tsp. vanilla
For the PB Center:
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla
- approx. 1 tbsp. milk (use milk to thin the filling if needed)
- Preheat oven to 350º. Grease whoopie pie pan.
- In a stand mixer, combine all of the cookie ingredients with the paddle attachment until a dough forms.
- In a small bowl, use a fork to mix the peanut butter, powdered sugar, and vanilla. Once those ingredients are thoroughly mixed, add milk 1 tsp. at a time, mixing in between additions, until filling reaches desired consistency (you want it to be thick enough to roll into a ball, but you don't want it to be too dry).
- Scoop out two tablespoons (or one very heaping tablespoon) of the chocolate dough into the whoopie pie pan. Press evenly into the mold.
- Scoop out one tablespoon of the peanut butter filling. Roll into a ball and then flatten in your palms. Place the filling on top of the chocolate dough.
- Scoop out another heaping tablespoon of the chocolate dough and flatten in between your palms. Gently press over the PB filling and into the mold.
- Repeat to fill all of the molds in the pan.
- Bake at 350º for approx. 12 minutes. If an inserted toothpick doesn't remove cleanly, continue baking for 2-3 minutes at a time until it passes the toothpick test.
- Serve plain, or frost with chocolate frosting or melting chocolate (pictured).