I’m not in love with coloring my food red and blue for July 4th.
Not that it bothers me to see anyone else do it.
It’s just that once I get started on a dessert, and it’s time to pull out the food coloring,
I just think, “why bother?” And back in the cupboard it goes…
But I can get behind berries for the 4th!
I love all the gorgeous red and blue berries that are out right now–
does anything say summer better than a berry dessert in July??
Thanks to Dorothy
for this awesome recipe!
The pie crust on the bottom and the massive amount of crumble on the top make this one ah-mazing pie, and I wouldn’t expect anything less from the queen of crusts 🙂
Blackberry Crumb Pie
- 1 Pie Crust, refrigerated or from scratch
For the Filling:
- 3 cups fresh or frozen blackberries
- ¼ – ½ cup sugar
- ¾ teaspoons cinnamon
For the Crumble Topping
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 ½ cups flour
- 12 tablespoons butter
For the Filling:
- Toss the berries with the sugar and the cinnamon.
For the Crumble Topping:
- Whisk together the flour and the sugar.
- Cut in the butter with a pastry cutter or fork until mixture is crumbly.
- Press the pie crust into a pie dish.
- Pour in the berry filling.
- Cover with the crumble topping.
- Bake at 400° for 35-40 minutes.
You can save this recipe to your own Recipe Box via ZipList. And they’ll take the ingredients from the recipe and generate a shopping list just for you accessible on your computer or mobile device! I use mine all the time. If you aren’t already using this really awesome recipe tool, take a minute to sign up at ZipList.com (it’s free)!
Please visit my Party Page
for a more complete index of Link Parties.
More recipes and ideas like this