All-the-Way Nutella Cupcakes
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1 cup nutella
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 1 pinch salt
- 3/4 c. Nutella
- 1/4 c. shortening
- 3-4 c. powdered sugar
- 3 tbsp. milk
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 small jar of Nutella
For the Cupcakes:
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line or grease cupcake tins.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the brown sugar, shortening and Nutella until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs one at a time, then add in the vanilla.
- Add the flour, milk, cream of tartar, baking soda and salt.
- Spoon into the prepared muffin cups.
- Bake for 19 minutes, let cool on rack.
For the Buttercream:
- Whisk together the nutella and the shortening.
- Whisk in the powdered sugar, and milk. Alternate the additions of powdered sugar and milk until smooth and your desired consistency.
- Whisk in the vanilla.
- Hollow out the top of each cupcake with a knife.
- Fill with 1 tbsp. of Nutella.
- Pipe on Nutella buttercream.
Latest posts by Ashton (see all)
- Pinterest’s Best Pumpkin Recipes in 2016 - August 26, 2016
- Yellow Birthday Cake with Creamy Chocolate Frosting - August 24, 2016
- Epicurious Favorite Chocolate Chip Cookies - August 22, 2016